Light and Bar System

heclak

Light and Bar System

Post by heclak » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:33 am

Hi Martin,
great work on all the sceneries. Your textures are great. but is there anyway to use a light and bar system instead of the marshaler? He keeps going out of sight before i stop. if it not too complicated to program like the animated jetways.Do you mind doing a patch for people who prefer the light and bar parking system? especially people who fly large jets.

Thanks
Hector
tjsynkral

Post by tjsynkral » Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:05 pm

I personally despise sceneries that put these PAPA/AGNIS (or some horrible imitation thereof) systems in at airports that do not actually have them.

My other peeve is when they are done unrealistically/cheaply. FlyTampa is even guilty of this in Miami and Dubai. The system they used in SFO is exemplary, as is the one in OSS Gatwick. That should be the example to follow - and marshallers at airports that don't have them.
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:26 pm

We try our best to place the system or person depending on what is there in reality. In many cases (even at one and the same airport) it is of course impossible to find out what is actually used at every single gate. It is usually based on photos and sometimes the assumption that if Gate 34 has a certain type of signage, gates 33, 35 etc must have the same type.

Regarding the visibulity of marshellers, quoting: http://www.flytampa.com/support_iframe.html#11

When parking, I can’t see the Docking sign/Marsheller when getting closer.

Try disabling the aircraft’s panel temporarily by pressing keys Shift [. To get the panel back press the same keys again.
gunsontheroof

Post by gunsontheroof » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:04 pm

ctrl+s

:D
tjsynkral

Post by tjsynkral » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:27 pm

martin[flytampa] wrote:We try our best to place the system or person depending on what is there in reality. In many cases (even at one and the same airport) it is of course impossible to find out what is actually used at every single gate. It is usually based on photos and sometimes the assumption that if Gate 34 has a certain type of signage, gates 33, 35 etc must have the same type.

Regarding the visibulity of marshellers, quoting: http://www.flytampa.com/support_iframe.html#11

When parking, I can’t see the Docking sign/Marsheller when getting closer.

Try disabling the aircraft’s panel temporarily by pressing keys Shift [. To get the panel back press the same keys again.
Is there any chance that Miami might become a tad more... realistic? I've never seen a sign that says "COME ON" at Miami. As far as I know they just use marshallers, but it's been a while since I've been to Miami.
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:45 am

Don't have a better photo at hand anymore but this is what the look and format of those horizontal signs was based on. The actual text is fictional / respective I saw "come on" being used at other FS sceneries at the time.
Attachments
Image4.jpg
Image4.jpg (59.56 KiB) Viewed 3873 times
swapilot

Post by swapilot » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:57 am

Those signs are actually used by ramp personnel for flight informational purposes. They usually include a countdown timer to alert the ground staff to the time remaining before departure.
stealth_duke

Post by stealth_duke » Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:52 am

I have charts detailing a few gate docking procedures:

- Air Canada Company Gates in Canada and at Chicago & Tampa
- Borroughs Optical Lens Docking System (BOLDS)
- UK & Europe (except Zurich) Stand Entry Guidance Systems
- Zurich Aircraft Docking Guidance, Terminals A & B
- ACCU-PARK (United Airlines parking light system)
- Aircraft Parking and Information System (APIS)

There's quite a variety. Surprising how real the ones included with Gary Summons' Heathrow Pro are!
gunsontheroof

Post by gunsontheroof » Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:45 am

swapilot wrote:Those signs are actually used by ramp personnel for flight informational purposes. They usually include a countdown timer to alert the ground staff to the time remaining before departure.
I noticed these when I flew into ATL a few months ago...it looked like their signs (at the DL gates at least) also showed the aircraft's next destination. It'd be pretty cool if someone could set up an interface between AI traffic and airport scenery to implement these signs in a future scenery!
tjsynkral

Post by tjsynkral » Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:35 pm

gunsontheroof wrote:
swapilot wrote:Those signs are actually used by ramp personnel for flight informational purposes. They usually include a countdown timer to alert the ground staff to the time remaining before departure.
I noticed these when I flew into ATL a few months ago...it looked like their signs (at the DL gates at least) also showed the aircraft's next destination. It'd be pretty cool if someone could set up an interface between AI traffic and airport scenery to implement these signs in a future scenery!
Maybe in FS10 - perhaps Tell_FS?