Next Scenery

gunsontheroof

Post by gunsontheroof » Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:19 pm

skydvdan wrote:Simflyers hasn't had a whole lot going on lately but their new Boeing Field looks to be FT quality also.
I'm hoping it is...it looks good, but if it kills my frames on approach to 16L/R at SEA, I'm going to want my money back. I don't recall the description of the FPS on the Simflyer's forum to be particularly encouraging. I'm working on flight plans for Boeing test flights out of BFI that I can update easily as the aircraft change, and it'd be nice to have a killer BFI scenery to go with...
giladhu

;lkj;l

Post by giladhu » Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:48 pm

klkj;lj
Wilza

Post by Wilza » Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:27 pm

Great looking scenery Martin!

Nice to see your literally spreading your wings and trying airports of a different variety and location.

"Who flies to Vienna"

lol! What a stupid question, sounds VERY Biased to me towards USA airfields, especially when coming from a "UPS" member! LOL!!!

I'll now say ... "Who flies to the USA" !! LOL (wind up)! LOL

Keep up the good work Martin, I know "EXACTLY" how long these projects take and how much commitment it involves, having worked with Mr Minchin on a few recent large projects over the last few years hehe ;)

btw.... That control tower looks wicked, love the red diffused light effect on the textures!..

Ever thought about making a jazzy "internal" control room within a tower? :D
gianni

Post by gianni » Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:36 pm

Sorry,

Dan, may I please say that the quality of discussion started by you really turns out to be more than childish and ridiculous. This in my opinion is not the place to attac members personally. Nobody, and I really mean nobody has the right to blame persons because of having a different position. Let's keep the whole matter where it belongs to: it is a game and a question of individual attititude to quality. Silly questions like "who the hell is flying to somewhere?" are more than dipensable as they really hurt personal feelings.

greetz
gianni
baksteen33

Post by baksteen33 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:57 pm

>>Sorry,

Dan, may I please say that the quality of discussion started by you really turns out to be more than childish and ridiculous. This in my opinion is not the place to attac members personally. Nobody, and I really mean nobody has the right to blame persons because of having a different position. Let's keep the whole matter where it belongs to: it is a game and a question of individual attititude to quality. Silly questions like "who the hell is flying to somewhere?" are more than dipensable as they really hurt personal feelings.

greetz
gianni<<

Although Dan's last post was very well put, I agree with the call.

Looking at the amount of first time posters and the fact that FT is doing an European venue for the first time, I think this was a wise move and it might be an opening for lots of new clients. Well, hope it is! :-) I'm not much of an airport scenery man but I'm totally amazed what i.e. FT and Vauchez are capable of doing. Efforts like these make FS so special and diverse. Best regards

Jaap
dieterle

Post by dieterle » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:30 pm

hi dan,

i think you can read soemthing but have difficulties to understand what is said.

i never said that flytampa designers are the best one and nobody else is as good as them. maybe the designers of rhode islands are better. at least as good i think. my example was vfrfrance for designers of the same level. i said under the big airports published up to now flytampas are the best one. for your understanding some big airports in my sense: o´hare, san francisco, jfk, toronto, sydney, frankfurt, munic, amsterdam, heathrow, paris charles de gaulle, madird, rome fiumicino, tokyo, moscow, dubai, athens venizelos ... will you hear more? :D rhode islands has no big airports in this sense. portland is not published up to now.

so name a published big airport scenery which so much details, so much traffic, so great ambience and feeling, so real asphalt structure and rwys and in spite of this all with so good framerates.

and dan, i have no special contacts to flytampa, i didn´t know the names of that team until i read them in this thread, i never wrote something about flytampa before, i am just a user with two eyes. an very very happy to get vienna from them. :D :D

regards
dieter
LOVV_CTR in IVAO

regards
dieter
paavo

Post by paavo » Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:18 pm

Wow,
We went from great that it's LOWW, to who in the hell flys there, to who is better, lets just let it go and enjoy LOWW. It's a great time in the world of FS9, lots of great scenery and airports have come out in the last year, we even got a freebie from FlyTampa.
tjsynkral

Post by tjsynkral » Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:43 pm

Looking good, can't wait.

Here's hoping you haven't abandoned your aspiration to do KLGA, though. LAX and ATL don't need to get done, but KLGA really needs it...
rookie pilot

stopping crying

Post by rookie pilot » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:22 am

i am sure after flying into midway this will be a awesome edition to add to the fly tampa family and can hardly wait for it to get here. and will add it to my collection of airports in a flash.

as for the rest of u stopping whining about it and just be thankful as i know this will be a awesome airport to have a glad to have it once we see it in action. :D :) :)
altstiff

Post by altstiff » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:48 am

ANY FT airport is a good one!
skydvdan

Post by skydvdan » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:37 am

dieterle wrote:hi dan,

i think you can read soemthing but have difficulties to understand what is said.

i never said that flytampa designers are the best one and nobody else is as good as them. maybe the designers of rhode islands are better. at least as good i think. my example was vfrfrance for designers of the same level. i said under the big airports published up to now flytampas are the best one. for your understanding some big airports in my sense: o´hare, san francisco, jfk, toronto, sydney, frankfurt, munic, amsterdam, heathrow, paris charles de gaulle, madird, rome fiumicino, tokyo, moscow, dubai, athens venizelos ... will you hear more? :D rhode islands has no big airports in this sense. portland is not published up to now.

so name a published big airport scenery which so much details, so much traffic, so great ambience and feeling, so real asphalt structure and rwys and in spite of this all with so good framerates.
First if anyone has problems understanding it is most of you that are ganging up on me now. My comments stemmed from this comment and this comment alone, the rest is your misperception:
FSQA wrote:Some things worth mentioning:

- flytampa is actually the best scenery design on this planet, that's a fact.
-> the only things comparable are German Airports, OSS and maybe simwings, but Flytampa is the best concerning quality, detail and performance (thats a fact, sorry)
So I'll go back to it. Again this is not a fact. And for you to agree just makes you as wrong as him. In this original post there was no mention of "big" airports. My point was that there are other designers out there that use the same quality and techniques as FT. Then you and your buddies twisted the conversation into what it became. As for Gianni, I'm not really worried about your comments, because you are obviously not completely informed on what is going on here either. Go back and read what has been said and by whom. I was trying to set the record straight by separating fact from fiction(or opinion.) I don't feel like I'm attacking anyone. All I'm saying is that you need to be informed of the whole picture before you start spouting off about what is a fact...when it's not. As a designer myself I can really appreciate and pat on the back for my work but I hate brown-nosers and yes-men that just tell me what they think I want to hear. :?
windshear

Post by windshear » Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:50 am

I do not understand why you guys have so low oppinions about sim-wings?

I own many sceneries by them and if you take a look at their Canary isl and upwards there are some really sweet ones! One of my ABOSOLUTE faves are their rendition of Paris Charles De Gaulles, No Martin there you can begin talking about architecture :P

It is SO nice and so alive!

Boaz...
gianni

Post by gianni » Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:28 am

Hi dan,

Please cool down. I followed your suggestion and therefore I have re-read the thread once again. Let me plaese clarify that it was not my intention to allege you saying "who the hell is flying to vienna?" This silly question certainly was not posted by you. And I cannot find in my reply that I would have done this. But if you really felt attacked I have to bow my head in contriteness. And I do apologize for any inconvenience.

But I am old enough and hopefully I have the capacity to understand the content of the discussion.

As I am no english-native speaker I do not know whether or not appellations like "brown-noser" or "yes-man" are very polite and charming perceptions. Same for "...But if you want to continue to live in happyland and think that there aren't designers just as talented as Martin and George then please, go ahead. The only person you're cheating is yourself...". Please decide for your own. But anyway - let's cool down and don't let us argue about spoiled milk. :)

However - I do hope that you can agree in the following: it is useless to discuss about buzzwords like "quality" as there are so many features that every person subsumes. In addition to this those features individually are weighted by different users.

Somewhere I have heard about a guy who mainly was interested in a very detailled design of the airport sourroundings. In fact this guy did not use Flight Simulator to fly ever - he was not interested in flying itself. The reason for this was that due to some illness he was not able to travel to the places that he was interested in. So he somehow "abused" the sceneries to get a certain feelling of the places he never would be able to visit. So what about if this guy would have been asked for his definition of "quality"?

I am really convinced that at the end of the day any discussion will lead to the statement "love it or leave it".

So finally both the design-business (freeware AND payware) and the pilots-community will benefit for the ongoing development. From time to time one designer will be ahead.

So let's look forward for the comming release of the scenery. I personally can't wait.

BTW: I am a little bit designing too - maybe not good enough to pat on the back - as you said.

over and out

greetz
gianni
windshear

Post by windshear » Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:41 am

Gianni I think some were just disapointed at what came to be Martin's project, it has been quite some time since his last release, Midway, and all kinds of requests and rumours flared.

You should not take those comments personal, nor should you "bow your head" come oooooon, if someone talks to you in a fashion you do not like, you have the right to at least express your discontent, which I presume you did.

I hope that we can all just apprecate doing some amazing circuits out of LOWW with that steam pipe power plant right on the approach...

Then hopefully Martin or George will release another airport soon....

There is also some other guy who was working on TNCM, Princess Juliana no?

Boaz.