A scenery query

gunsontheroof

A scenery query

Post by gunsontheroof » Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:47 pm

Martin/George/G-Maxers,

I'm curious to know whether or not it's possible to put time constraints on scenery within FS9. For example, if you were to create a building in a city that was built in say, 1984, is it possible to dictate that it won't appear in FS9 prior to that year? I only ask out of curiosity, but it'd be a pretty cool addition to FSX, as it'd make throwback flights a lot more realistic for those of us that like to turn back the clock every so often.
george[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by george[flytampa] » Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:00 pm

I'm pretty sure that is possible. It'll need programming & I'm to dumb to know how.
Alexander Arlow

Post by Alexander Arlow » Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:07 am

it is possible... just turn the time to 1989 or earlier and have a look at the wall in berlin ("Berliner Mauer").
bsabaric

Post by bsabaric » Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:04 am

I think that guys from "Down Under" made it with YPAD:

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=66540
gunsontheroof

Post by gunsontheroof » Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:09 am

Alexander Arlow wrote:it is possible... just turn the time to 1989 or earlier and have a look at the wall in berlin ("Berliner Mauer").
That hadn't come to mind. The erupting volcano in Hawaii in past editions of MSFS (not sure about FS9) and fireworks appearing above various world cities on new year's eve are other examples. Thanks for the reminder.
Renair

Post by Renair » Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:35 pm

Its a feature alright, you can do it with the WTC for flights before 9/11 and then after they dont appear. Not sure with the default but it is there for the ones designed to go with Aerosofts Manhattan.