Would you buy this if FlyTampa did it?

cmpbllsjc

Would you buy this if FlyTampa did it?

Post by cmpbllsjc » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:47 pm

There is no way in the world I would ever make a scenery request.

However, if FlyTampa did a scenery called FlyRio and it looked anything like this, would you buy it?

MidgeyMidget2

Post by MidgeyMidget2 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:03 pm

Pointless post, but yes, I'd buy FlyRio. Great city!
Acezboy

Post by Acezboy » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:24 am

I wouldn't buy it, it looks great though. (mainly only get airports I think id use a fair bit)
gordongekko

Post by gordongekko » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:33 am

MidgeyMidget2 wrote:Pointless post, but yes, I'd buy FlyRio. Great city!
Pointless? Maybe but I have read much worse on this board. Maybe the op was making a suggestion to FlyTampa rather than a scenery request. One in the same I guess, but this seems less offensive than saying "Can you guys make this please?"

I would surely buy a scenery like this for Rio if FT did it in the same fashion that Kai Tak was done with the densely packed buildings like in the op's pics. By FSX default Brasil and most of South America is pretty bad.

BTW cmpbllsjc nice pics. Did you take those? Did you go on the helicopter ride? I was in Rio a few years ago and went up to Sugarloaf also. I didn't take the chopper ride since it was pretty expensive at the time for only a 10 min ride.

Yes I would buy if FT did it but I doubt they will. Maybe your post will plant a seed in their mind, lol.
Acezboy

Post by Acezboy » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:15 am

Alot of default FS terrian is bad, orbx sp3 dvd.. that will keep you going :)
cmpbllsjc

Post by cmpbllsjc » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:47 pm

gordongekko wrote: BTW cmpbllsjc nice pics. Did you take those? Did you go on the helicopter ride? I was in Rio a few years ago and went up to Sugarloaf also. I didn't take the chopper ride since it was pretty expensive at the time for only a 10 min ride.
Yeah I took those. I went during the Christmas holiday for a few weeks. It was pretty cool place. Great food, especially if you like meat, good looking women, and some of the best beer I have ever had.

No I didn't go on the helicopter ride. They need at least three people and the friends I was with were to cheap. It was 150 Reais for 11 minute flight. That would be about $85 US. Kind of steep, but it would have been pretty cool.

After being there I realized that it would be a pretty cool scenery area for FT to make.
yankeesji

Post by yankeesji » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:29 pm

I will pretty much buy any scenery they do for FSX. My experience will airport addons if FT is the best with not killing FPS. FSDreamteam makes great airports, but they kick the hell out of the FPS. :wink:
cmpbllsjc

Post by cmpbllsjc » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:40 pm

yankeesji wrote:I will pretty much buy any scenery they do for FSX. My experience will airport addons if FT is the best with not killing FPS. FSDreamteam makes great airports, but they kick the hell out of the FPS. :wink:
I agree, pretty much, except that FDST products dont kill my FPS. The problem I have with FSDT products is the slight pauses I get when while the scenery loads when approaching the airports. I have the worst problem with that at KFLL, even though I get 25 FPS there with 100% AI.
BOOM

Post by BOOM » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:53 pm

fantastic pics!! I'd buy it in a minute!! :D
Acezboy

Post by Acezboy » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:41 pm

Out of couristy isnt that where that jesus statute is??
MidgeyMidget2

Post by MidgeyMidget2 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:28 pm

Acezboy wrote:Out of couristy isnt that where that jesus statute is??
Well a statute, no. There is no Jesus Law.

But there is a Jesus statue, visible in the first and third pictures.
cmpbllsjc

Post by cmpbllsjc » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:37 am

Acezboy wrote:Out of couristy isnt that where that jesus statute is??
You mean this one?

MightyMidget is right. If you look closely at the peak of the mountain in the first pick you wil see it. Just follow the number "2" on the helipad and trace a line straight up and it's there. Also in pic number 3, but harder to see.

The mountain or area where the "Christ the Redeemer" statue is, is called Corcovado. Go to this link http://www.panoramas.dk/fullscreen6/f40 ... neiro.html and using your mouse you can pan 360 degrees around to see the whole city of Rio.

The day I took the pics in the first post, we went up to see the statue, but by the time we got there, the weather had gotten so cloudy that even standing right next to the statue we couldn't see it. We had to go back the next day when it was clear.
Nils

Post by Nils » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:09 am

yes, yes, yes, I would buy it. But it must be for FS9 and for FSX. I think it would get a great number of sales, if it is made like Kai Tak. The city well modelled and a great airport. I know no developer who has made a scenery for south america (Ok, Aerosoft is working on Cuzco :D ), so there should be a big market for this region.
cmpbllsjc

Post by cmpbllsjc » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:31 am

Nils wrote:yes, yes, yes, I would buy it. But it must be for FS9 and for FSX. I think it would get a great number of sales, if it is made like Kai Tak. The city well modelled and a great airport. I know no developer who has made a scenery for south america (Ok, Aerosoft is working on Cuzco :D ), so there should be a big market for this region.
LOL, that's what I was thinking.

Well, you never know. I am surprised that FT never did this area, even years ago for FS9 since they like to do some airports off the beaten path like St. Maarten and the newer Grenadines.

I think this area done Hong Kong style would be great.