Would you buy this if FlyTampa did it?

Nils

Post by Nils » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:49 am

cmpbllsjc wrote:
Nils wrote:yes, yes, yes, I would buy it. But it must be for FS9 and for FSX. I think it would get a great number of sales, if it is made like Kai Tak. The city well modelled and a great airport. I know no developer who has made a scenery for south america (Ok, Aerosoft is working on Cuzco :D ), so there should be a big market for this region.
LOL, that's what I was thinking.

Well, you never know. I am surprised that FT never did this area, even years ago for FS9 since they like to do some airports off the beaten path like St. Maarten and the newer Grenadines.

I think this area done Hong Kong style would be great.
:D

Best would be: the town of Rio completely modelled + airport (in FT quality of course :) ). Could take a long long time, even more than a year, for a great FT scenery á la Kai Tak.

Sorry if my english is not so good, I am a german kid and still going to school (only 3 a half years left :D)
MidgeyMidget2

Post by MidgeyMidget2 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:18 pm

Nils wrote:yes, yes, yes, I would buy it. But it must be for FS9 and for FSX. I think it would get a great number of sales, if it is made like Kai Tak. The city well modelled and a great airport. I know no developer who has made a scenery for south america (Ok, Aerosoft is working on Cuzco :D ), so there should be a big market for this region.
There are MANY sceneries for South America...go over to www.simmarket.com :wink:
Nils

Post by Nils » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:38 am

MidgeyMidget2 wrote:
There are MANY sceneries for South America...go over to www.simmarket.com :wink:
But would you call them good? :D
jt8d-9a

Re: Would you buy this if FlyTampa did it?

Post by jt8d-9a » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:36 am

cmpbllsjc wrote:There is no way in the world I would ever make a scenery request.

However, if FlyTampa did a scenery called FlyRio and it looked anything like this, would you buy it?

Those beautiful images already look like work of Flytampa, so i would love to see that in FS.
Please give Rio the treatment it deserves 8)

Regards,

another Nils :wink:
MidgeyMidget2

Post by MidgeyMidget2 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:34 pm

Nils wrote:
MidgeyMidget2 wrote:
You bet, I would.
Nils

Post by Nils » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:07 pm

MidgeyMidget2 wrote:
Nils wrote:
MidgeyMidget2 wrote: There are MANY sceneries for South America...go over to www.simmarket.com :wink:
You bet, I would.
But If you search for 'Rio de Janeiro' you will find only not so good sceneries. The only exepatble one is the one by Tropicalsim-2. But wouldn't you like to see a South American Scenery in FT Quality?
Last edited by Nils on Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MidgeyMidget2

Post by MidgeyMidget2 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:40 pm

Sure, I'd love to see Rio in FT quality, but to call the others shit is rude and stupid. In fact, there is a really nice freeware scenery for Rio that covers the entire city and airports that I am currently using. I hardly see it as shit, especially because it is FREE.

This is what I hate, in general, about the Flight Sim community. They disrespect people who are mostly doing this as a side project (for the freeware ones) and are WAY too demanding considering most developers, payware and freeware, aren't doing this as their first job.
TJC

Post by TJC » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:50 pm

MidgeyMidget2 wrote:In fact, there is a really nice freeware scenery for Rio that covers the entire city and airports that I am currently using.
Any chance of a link or file name for this one please MM?
MidgeyMidget2

Post by MidgeyMidget2 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:01 pm

TJC wrote:
MidgeyMidget2 wrote:In fact, there is a really nice freeware scenery for Rio that covers the entire city and airports that I am currently using.
Sure.

http://flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=108369

That is the one that I am currently using but it can be a little frame rate intensive due to the amount of buildings and it is a little old. But if you just search "Rio" over at FlightSim.com for FS2004 sceneries (assuming that is what you're looking for...forgot to ask), you'll find a bulk of stuff on the second page, including photoreal tiles.
TJC

Post by TJC » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:05 pm

MidgeyMidget2 wrote:
TJC wrote:
Sure.

http://flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=108369

That is the one that I am currently using but it can be a little frame rate intensive due to the amount of buildings and it is a little old. But if you just search "Rio" over at FlightSim.com for FS2004 sceneries (assuming that is what you're looking for...forgot to ask), you'll find a bulk of stuff on the second page, including photoreal tiles.
Anything for that side of the world for a change.

Thanks for that.
Nils

Post by Nils » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:39 pm

Hey, but they aren't really good, they are not the best. And if they don't cost much it is fully ok. But if someone wants 20€ for those sceneries, then it's not right to sell it. For non-perfect add-ons it's ok for 5€. And it's ok for Airports in FT-quality to cost 30€.
Last edited by Nils on Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TJC

Post by TJC » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:44 pm

Nils wrote:Hey, but they aren't really good, they are not the best. And if they don't cost much it is fully ok. But if someone wants 20€ for real shit, then it's not right to sell it. For non-perfect add-ons it's ok for 5€. And it's ok for Airports in FT-quality to cost 30€.
If they're not great, then just say that they're not great.
Why insult someone's hard work by calling it "shit".

It's this kind of attitude that has made many designers leave the hobby.
I and many of these designers spend thousands of hours of our free time doing this kind of work, the least we deserve is a little respect.

What you are giving us is just plain ignorance.

Why should I spend over 20 hours of my free time every week doing wwhat I love, and then look around multiple forums to see comments like yours.

Makes me want to stop too at times.

Think about that before you next post.
Nils

Post by Nils » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:28 pm

Hey TJC,
I know this and I respect all of them, who make those sceneries for us. But do you find always the right words? Not everything of them are looking really great and are very expensive for their quality, but I respect their work.
MidgeyMidget2

Post by MidgeyMidget2 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:08 pm

TJC wrote:
Nils wrote:Hey, but they aren't really good, they are not the best. And if they don't cost much it is fully ok. But if someone wants 20€ for real shit, then it's not right to sell it. For non-perfect add-ons it's ok for 5€. And it's ok for Airports in FT-quality to cost 30€.
If they're not great, then just say that they're not great.
Why insult someone's hard work by calling it "shit".

It's this kind of attitude that has made many designers leave the hobby.
I and many of these designers spend thousands of hours of our free time doing this kind of work, the least we deserve is a little respect.

What you are giving us is just plain ignorance.

Why should I spend over 20 hours of my free time every week doing wwhat I love, and then look around multiple forums to see comments like yours.

Makes me want to stop too at times.

Think about that before you next post.
THANK YOU!