Next Airport?

wideloadwhitford

Re: Next Airport?

Post by wideloadwhitford » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:33 am

Sorry haven't been here in a while.. but does anyone know what FlyTampa might be leaning towards?
MidgeyMidget2

Post by MidgeyMidget2 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:42 pm

wideloadwhitford wrote:Sorry haven't been here in a while.. but does anyone know what FlyTampa might be leaning towards?
EGLL
cmpbllsjc

Post by cmpbllsjc » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:17 pm

wideloadwhitford wrote:Sorry haven't been here in a while.. but does anyone know what FlyTampa might be leaning towards?
All we know about the "K" airport is that it starts with a K and is one of the most beautiful airports in the US according to either George or Martin.
MidgeyMidget2

Post by MidgeyMidget2 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:27 pm

cmpbllsjc wrote:
All we know about the "K" airport is that it starts with a K and is one of the most beautiful airports in the US according to either George or Martin.
Really? I don't recall that, specifically the part where it "starts" with a K. I remember reading it included a "K" in the code but I don't remember K was the leading letter. Regardless of what it is, I really can't wait to see it!
CX 747-400

Post by CX 747-400 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:11 pm

george[flytampa] wrote:I think everything is under construction or 'claimed'. I don't care or pay much attention anymore. Few get past vapourware.
I'm working on Athens. Montreal is very likely next.
I know this won't be too popular in our FS9 American users haven here; but the sales figures for Europe shame the USA(& Canada).

We have a large US airport due in a month or two for K lovers :D

MidgeyMidget2, Here you go, straight from George.
cmpbllsjc

Post by cmpbllsjc » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:58 pm

MidgeyMidget2 wrote:Really? I don't recall that, specifically the part where it "starts" with a K. I remember reading it included a "K" in the code but I don't remember K was the leading letter. Regardless of what it is, I really can't wait to see it!

Read my post again at the top of the thread. I included a quote from George that says:
george[flytampa] wrote:We have a large US airport due in a month or two for K lovers :D
The other clue about it being really pretty or the most beautiful airport was posted by either George or Martin somewhere within the 21 pages of this topic.

BTW, that quote was posted on Sept 27th, so two months will be in 11 more days.

Hopefully we see some previews soon since I am really excited to see what US airport they did.
MidgeyMidget2

Post by MidgeyMidget2 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:29 pm

cmpbllsjc wrote:
MidgeyMidget2 wrote:Really? I don't recall that, specifically the part where it "starts" with a K. I remember reading it included a "K" in the code but I don't remember K was the leading letter. Regardless of what it is, I really can't wait to see it!

Read my post again at the top of the thread. I included a quote from George that says:
george[flytampa] wrote:We have a large US airport due in a month or two for K lovers :D
The other clue about it being really pretty or the most beautiful airport was posted by either George or Martin somewhere within the 21 pages of this topic.

BTW, that quote was posted on Sept 27th, so two months will be in 11 more days.

Hopefully we see some previews soon since I am really excited to see what US airport they did.
Thanks CX and cmp! Must have missed that. :)
wideloadwhitford

Post by wideloadwhitford » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:14 am

Didn't mean to start a ruckus.
cmpbllsjc

Post by cmpbllsjc » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:42 am

wideloadwhitford wrote:Didn't mean to start a ruckus.
LOL, trust me, this was no ruckus compared to things that have happened on this forum in the past.

Here's what we know for sure.

-George is working on LGAV

-Martin is working on a "K" airport that we are supposed to know something about 2 months from Sept 27th which will be in about 10 days.

Aside from that we know nothing else about the "K" airport as far as what state its in, how big it is (large hub, med hub, or small hub), or if its an update of an older scenery from FS9. Although I doubt its an updated scenery, although Martin did say that perhaps the only other of the older FT airports that may get an FSX update would be Midway. Although he did say that the new "K" airport is one of the most beautiful airports. I haven't looked at any pics of Midway, but I would venture to say that its probably not a beautiful airport compared to other "K" airports that are available to do.

Hopefully Martin is on schedule for the 2 months and we will learn soon what the new place is. Frankly, I am hoping its something more mainstream and popular than KBUF and ranks somewhere in the top 30 of busy US airports. I have tried to think of a "K" airport that is really pretty or beautiful than hasn't already been done, but nothing really comes to mind.
george[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by george[flytampa] » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:18 am

cmpbllsjc wrote:

Hopefully Martin is on schedule for the 2 months and we will learn soon what the new place is. Frankly, I am hoping its something more mainstream and popular than KBUF and ranks somewhere in the top 30 of busy US airports. I have tried to think of a "K" airport that is really pretty or beautiful than hasn't already been done, but nothing really comes to mind.
It is within the top 30 in US.
He won't announce it. It too distracting to listen to the guys not happy with the location, time frame, whatever.
I wish I'd stayed under cover with my decisions to some degree now too.
cmpbllsjc

Post by cmpbllsjc » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:26 pm

george[flytampa] wrote:It is within the top 30 in US.
That's good news. According to Wikipedia the top 30 busiest airports in the US are as follows along with what it available now for FSX in bold:

1 Los Angeles International Airport - FSDT (in developement)
2 O'Hare International Airport - FSDT
3 Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta International Airport - Imaginesim
4 Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport - FSDT & BluePrint
5 Denver International Airport
6 John F. Kennedy International Airport - FSDT
7 McCarran International Airport -FSDT
8 George Bush Intercontinental Airport - BluePrint
9 Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport
10 Charlotte/Douglas International Airport - Imaginesim
11 San Francisco International Airport SFO - Flightbeam (in developement)
12 Newark Liberty International Airport
13 Orlando International Airport - Cloud9/FSDT & BluePrint
14 Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport
15 Miami International Airport - Planned by FSDT
16 Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport - BluePrint
17 Seattle-Tacoma International Airport
18 Philadelphia International Airport - Sunskyjet ** Freeware - FSX version not yet available
19 Logan International Airport - FlyTampa
20 LaGuardia Airport - Imagesim
21 Washington Dulles International Airport - Imaginesim
22 Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport - FSDT
23 Baltimore-Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport
24 Salt Lake City International Airport
25 Honolulu International Airport - FSDT
26 San Diego International Airport - Cielosim (in developement)
27 Tampa International Airport
28 Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport
29 Midway International Airport
30 Portland International Airport - ORBX (in developement)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

And airports 31 thru 50

31 Lambert-St. Louis International Airport
32 Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport - Imaginesim
33 Metropolitan Oakland International Airport
34 Cleveland-Hopkins International Airport - BluePrint
35 Kansas City International Airport - Imaginesim
36 Memphis International Airport - BluePrint
37 Sacramento International Airport
38 Raleigh-Durham International Airport - Imaginesim & BluePrint
39 San Jose International Airport - Imaginesim
40 Nashville International Airport
41 Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport - Imaginesim & BluePrint
42 John Wayne Airport-Orange County
43 Pittsburgh International Airport
44 Austin-Bergstrom International Airport
45 William P. Hobby Airport
46 Indianapolis International Airport - BluePrint
47 Dallas Love Field - BluePrint
48 San Antonio International Airport
49 Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport
50 General Mitchell International Airport

So, if Martin does an airport that hasn't already been completed already or is currently under developement that would leave the following.

Denver International Airport
George Bush Intercontinental Airport
Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport
Newark Liberty International Airport
Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport
Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport
Seattle-Tacoma International Airport
Philadelphia International Airport
LaGuardia Airport
Baltimore-Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport
Salt Lake City International Airport
Tampa International Airport
Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport
Midway International Airport

Out of these, I am hoping its either Denver, Seattle, Phoenix, Minneapolis, Salt Lake, Tampa, or Ronald Reagan.

You never know though, FT could be doing KMCO or KMIA, even though there is an FSX KMCO already and FSDT has said they will do KMIA.

george[flytampa] wrote:I wish I'd stayed under cover with my decisions to some degree now too.
Ah, just ignore us. I'm glad you said something so that we know we have something to look forward to in the US. Gives us something to think about and make guess on based of what you said.
Last edited by cmpbllsjc on Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
Silverbird

Post by Silverbird » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:33 pm

george[flytampa] wrote:
cmpbllsjc wrote:

It is within the top 30 in US.
He won't announce it. It too distracting to listen to the guys not happy with the location, time frame, whatever.
I wish I'd stayed under cover with my decisions to some degree now too.
George I gotta tell you I'm really glade you gave us at least some info about whats going on at flytampa, there will always be crazy people complaining about every single thing, and I do understand the reasoning for Martin too not say anything. its just that you guys are so talented and you do such beautiful work thats its hard for us not too hear anything from one of the best scenery designers in the business. and I really mean it considering this is such a niche market which kinda sucks because I wish it was bigger then that. maybe msflight will change that a bit.

Just for the fun of it I will post my guesses again which I think will be for Martins airport. I'm thinking tampa v2 and Orlando is a very nice airport even tho cloud 9 worked on it but I sort of wished they never did since fsdreamteam will not redo that airport and I just believe that it came at the wrong time so it lacks ground work and a few other small things. but anyways what ever it is it will be awesome! 8)
_Dre_

Post by _Dre_ » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:46 pm

My guess is MIA or SFO for Martin's airport.

@George: Personally I'm happy and excited about the early info about Athens and Martin's airport. There will always be haters, you just gotta ignore them. Athens is the perfect distance for me from all those Western European Mega hubs and it's always been an absolute pleasure to land at a Flytampa airport. So this one is a definite must-have for me and I can't wait until it's out.
cmpbllsjc

Post by cmpbllsjc » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:02 pm

_Dre_ wrote:My guess is MIA or SFO for Martin's airport.
That fellow over at Flightbeam will crap his pants if Martin releases KSFO after his airport is nearly complete, lol. I doubt its KSFO though.
_Dre_ wrote: @George: Personally I'm happy and excited about the early info about Athens and Martin's airport. There will always be haters, you just gotta ignore them. Athens is the perfect distance for me from all those Western European Mega hubs and it's always been an absolute pleasure to land at a Flytampa airport. So this one is a definite must-have for me and I can't wait until it's out.
I agree and you forgot to mention the complainers along with the haters. I am excited about Athens as well since I am slowing growing my European collection of airports.