Next Airport?

CX 747-400

Re: Next Airport?

Post by CX 747-400 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:12 pm

george[flytampa] wrote:Now is actually a perfect time for requests. I can't believe I just typed that.

I'm still un-decided on my next one. I have a favourite/s.
I'm not doing any ultra mega airports yet. I'm looking for smaller ones.

Athens, Greece was top for a while. But the reference wasn't quite good enough. I might still do LGAV after another smaller one.

& good news for Canadians, I'm liking something up there. This can change later of course.
If you are open to ideas, how about Houston Hobby (KHOU). Any Southwest airline fan would love you for this.

This feels wierd making a suggestion here. :?
MidgeyMidget2

Post by MidgeyMidget2 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:16 pm

yankeesji wrote:
MidgeyMidget2 wrote:
blackhawk118 wrote:I figure I will put my two cents in as well.

KSMF
KPHX (Don't quite know if Phoenix is considered a mega-airport or not).

Ok, back to flying around Buffalo :D
KSMF has already been done (for FS2004, at least) at payware quality for no cost at all.

http://www.projectopensky.com/index.php ... owfile=786
Yeah, but FSX sceneries would be just splendid, and this would include redoing any previous FS9 sceneries FT has already done.... :D
I realize that and that is why I made the mention it is for FS2004. I'm not sure what sim. he is using but if he is using FS2004, I wanted him to know about that scenery as it is fantastic freeware.
This feels wierd making a suggestion here.
You got that right. lol
Silverbird

Post by Silverbird » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:17 pm

george[flytampa] wrote:Now is actually a perfect time for requests. I can't believe I just typed that.

I'm still un-decided on my next one. I have a favourite/s.
I'm not doing any ultra mega airports yet. I'm looking for smaller ones.

Athens, Greece was top for a while. But the reference wasn't quite good enough. I might still do LGAV after another smaller one.

& good news for Canadians, I'm liking something up there. This can change later of course.
George, your gonna get bombarded with requests! lol put the armor and shields. Athens, Greece would be very nice with your skills, hope you get a chance to recreate it. its a shame there inst that much good reference for it I I have Greek friends that talk about Greece all the time. was close to go there once unfortunately that didn't happen.

I feel bad for Canada there inst that much good scenery would be nice having some flights up there. Guam would be awesome. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonio_B. ... al_Airport part of the u.s small close to japan Hawaii that would nice. military and passenger traffic. Fiji Nadi International Airport is other one that would be very cool small nice island. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nadi_International_Airport sometimes I look around the globe in google earth and pick spots read some history and looka t some pics and fly there in the sim. usually ones there are far lol. not sure how well they would sell can you name other airports that you like?
Last edited by Silverbird on Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
777captain

Post by 777captain » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:32 pm

+1 on Nadi, and you can take a look at MKJS, Montego Bay Jamaica as another tropical destination.

Some info:
Sir Donald Sangster International Airport (IATA: MBJ, ICAO: MKJS) is an international airport in Montego Bay, Jamaica, and is one of the largest and busiest airports in the Caribbean.It is one of the most ultra-modern airports in the Caribbean capable of handling 9 million passengers yearly; that is three times the size of the Jamaican population Sangster is often referred to as the gateway to the Caribbean. It serves as the most popular airport for tourists visiting the north coast of Jamaica. MBJ is currently the busier of Jamaica's two main airports, the other being Norman Manley International Airport located in the capital city of Kingston.

Over the years, the upgrading process was a continuous one, ultimately the facility had grown into the larger of the two international airports in Jamaica, handling approximately 3.7 million passengers per annum in 2007,and have seen and increase in passenger and aircraft movement since the start of 2008.They are currently seeking to increase the number of passengers from Asia, and are working with Brazil to receive non-stop service from there.

As of 2000, plans have been executed to expand the airport to the status of a world class airport. A new concourse was completed in December 2005 to allow large commercial aircraft such as the Airbus A340, Boeing 747-400 and possibly the Airbus A380. Also a planned expansion of the main runway is currently in the preparation phase, which will, when completed, afford the airport a fully functioning 10,000 ft. runway to accommodate large aircraft traffic. MBJ Airports Limited also commissioned a new customs hall, arrivals lobby and transportation center in March 2007. Since then further expansion and renovation projects such as the relocation of the immigrations hall and duty free mall has been launched and it is expected to be completed by October 2008. When complete the facility will be one of the Caribbean's most modern airports, and will have increased the handling capacity to 9 million passengers per annum

Current list of operators..

Airlines Destinations
Air Berlin Düsseldorf
Air Canada Calgary [seasonal], Halifax [seasonal], Montreal-Trudeau, Ottawa [seasonal], Toronto-Pearson, Vancouver [seasonal], Winnipeg [seasonal]
Air Europa Madrid [seasonal]
Air Jamaica Baltimore, Chicago-O'Hare, Curaçao, Fort Lauderdale, Havana, Kingston, Nassau, New York-JFK, Orlando, Philadelphia
Air Transat Calgary [seasonal], Montreal-Trudeau, Quebec City [seasonal; begins 7 November], Toronto-Pearson, Vancouver [seasonal]
AirTran Airways Atlanta, Baltimore, Orlando [all services begin 11 February][6]
American Airlines Dallas/Fort Worth, Miami, New York,JFK
Arkefly Amsterdam, Punta Cana
Blue Panorama Milan-Malpensa, Rome-Fiumicino [begins 21 December]
British Airways London-Gatwick [resumes 29 October]
CanJet Calgary, Montreal-Trudeau, Ottawa [begins 18 December], Quebec City, Toronto-Pearson, Victoria [begins 20 December]
Cayman Airways Grand Cayman
Condor Flugdienst Frankfurt
Continental Airlines Houston-Intercontinental, Newark
Cubana de Aviación operated by Aerogaviota Havana
Delta Air Lines Atlanta, New York-JFK
Iberworld Madrid
Jetairfly Brussels, Cancún [seasonal]
JetBlue Airways Boston [begins 9 January] [7], New York-JFK, Orlando [begins 10 February]
Livingston Energy Flight Milan-Malpensa
Northwest Airlines Detroit, Memphis, Minneapolis/St. Paul
Orbest Lisbon
Skylan Airways Kingston
Skyservice Calgary, Edmonton [begins 18 December], Montreal-Trudeau [begins 18 December], Ottawa, Saskatoon [begins 27 December], Toronto-Pearson, Vancouver [all seasonal]
Spirit Airlines Fort Lauderdale
Sun Country Airlines Minneapolis/St. Paul [seasonal]
Sunwing Airlines Montreal-Trudeau, Ottawa, Quebec City, Toronto-Pearson
TAME Quito, Guayaquil [seasonal]
Thomas Cook Airlines London-Gatwick, Manchester (UK)
Thomson Airways Birmingham (UK), London-Gatwick, Manchester (UK)
United Airlines Chicago-O'Hare, Washington-Dulles [both seasonal]
US Airways Boston [seasonal], Charlotte, Philadelphia, Phoenix [seasonal; begins 17 December]
USA3000 Airlines Chicago-O'Hare, St. Louis [seasonal]
Virgin Atlantic Airways London-Gatwick
WestJet Ottawa [seasonal; begins 6 November], Toronto-Pearson

The JTB/JamVac Vacations are currently looking at the following carriers for future services to MBJ:
LAN,TAM,Copa, Lufthansa and an unannounced Asian carrier..
Pictures:

Pics from: yardieindubai
777captain

Post by 777captain » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:33 pm

+ I know someone who lives there and probably has ramp access so. :D
kcflyer13

Post by kcflyer13 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:01 pm

I would have to agree with MKJS and KHOU or how about a KCLE or KTUS?
CX 747-400

Post by CX 747-400 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:09 pm

777captain wrote:+1 on Nadi, and you can take a look at MKJS, Montego Bay Jamaica as another tropical destination.

Pics from: yardieindubai
LatinVFR has already confirmed MKJS for release next year.
Tropicalsim has confirmed making MKJS as well.
duco

Post by duco » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:44 pm

George
what airport in Canada specifically are you looking into? im very interested, ive bin waiting for a solid canadian airport for years. Im guessing itll be a more regional one since your layin of the mega airports for now?
yankeesji

Post by yankeesji » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:16 pm

What's Martin up to? I thought I read awhile back that he was also working on something and he'd reveal it soon?
Silverbird

Post by Silverbird » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:26 pm

yankeesji wrote:What's Martin up to? I thought I read awhile back that he was also working on something and he'd reveal it soon?
Only thing I have heard is that Martin is indeed working on in airport that starts with a K lol so it could be so many. nobody knows which one it is yet. it was a Quote from George he posted here.
n797mx

Post by n797mx » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:32 pm

kcflyer13 wrote:I would have to agree with MKJS and KHOU or how about a KCLE or KTUS?
KHOU is done and freeware, CLE is imaginesim.
yankeesji

Post by yankeesji » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:33 pm

Silverbird wrote:
yankeesji wrote:What's Martin up to? I thought I read awhile back that he was also working on something and he'd reveal it soon?
Only thing I have heard is that Martin is indeed working on in airport that starts with a K lol so it could be so many. nobody knows which one it is yet. it was a Quote from George he posted here.
Yes..That is correct...I found that on the original KBUF post. Thanks for the shake. :D
MidgeyMidget2

Post by MidgeyMidget2 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:05 pm

n797mx wrote:
kcflyer13 wrote:I would have to agree with MKJS and KHOU or how about a KCLE or KTUS?
Cleveland was never done by ImagineSim. Blueprint did it though.
n797mx

Post by n797mx » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:26 pm

MidgeyMidget2 wrote:
n797mx wrote:
Cleveland was never done by ImagineSim. Blueprint did it though.
I was thinking of CVG, but yes CLE has been done