Athens Previews (Updated June 23rd)

Post Reply
_Dre_
Posts: 302

Re: Another Little Athens Preview

Post by _Dre_ » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:12 pm

martin[flytampa] wrote:
_Dre_ wrote:@George or Martin,

Is there any chance of Flytampa utilizing AES-lite? I saw that you guys no longer provide airport vehicle traffic for FS9 and I remember in a VHHX post Martin said he liked the idea of traffic stopping for "user" aircraft. So is there any chance of letting Oliver take care of your FS9/FSX vehicle (trains included) needs or is that just not an option? I ask because I am an FS9 user (yes Goerge we are still here :] ) and I do love to observe air and landside vehicles in between the "busy" times at the airport, and FSX is not an option for me right now. And I guess at the very least it could save you a little development time.
Afaik, AESLite is only used for internal projects & not a matter of us "letting" him. I'd be more then happy to have AESLite stuff on the airports.
Wouldn't Sim-Wings be considered an independent company (even though they distribute via Aerosoft)? And I think AES-lite did wonders for their newest CDG (Paris) scenery. Aerosoft also does some disrtribution for Flytampa sceneries so from an outsiders perspective it shouldn't be a problem (they already "Mega Airported" Vienna).
opabst
Posts: 19

Re: Another Little Athens Preview

Post by opabst » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:17 am

martin[flytampa] wrote:Afaik, AESLite is only used for internal projects & not a matter of us "letting" him. I'd be more then happy to have AESLite stuff on the airports.
Martin, you have my email address. AESlite is not a Aerosoft product. There are limits, but I think they will be no issue when FlyTampa will ask 8)
Last edited by opabst on Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Delta777
Posts: 272

Re: Another Little Athens Preview

Post by Delta777 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:21 am

opabst wrote:
martin[flytampa] wrote:Afaik, AESLite is only used for internal projects & not a matter of us "letting" him. I'd be more then happy to have AESLite stuff on the airports.
Martin, you have me email. AESlite is not a Aerosoft product. There are limits, but I think they will be no issue when FlyTampa will ask 8)
Sounds promising. :)
Silverbird
Posts: 105

Re: Another Little Athens Preview

Post by Silverbird » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:56 pm

Delta777 wrote:
opabst wrote:
martin[flytampa] wrote:Afaik, AESLite is only used for internal projects & not a matter of us "letting" him. I'd be more then happy to have AESLite stuff on the airports.
Martin, you have me email. AESlite is not a Aerosoft product. There are limits, but I think they will be no issue when FlyTampa will ask 8)
Sounds promising. :)
I agree! very much :D hope it becomes a reality in the future. :D :o
corfugr
Posts: 1

Re: Another Little Athens Preview

Post by corfugr » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:24 pm

Athens is looking great george, i cant wait to fly all my aircraft to that beautiful airport, keep up all the great work
love all your works especially St Maartin:)



Alex
SpartaN
Posts: 148

Re: Another Little Athens Preview

Post by SpartaN » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:01 pm

corfugr wrote:Athens is looking great george, i cant wait to fly all my aircraft to that beautiful airport, keep up all the great work
love all your works especially St Maartin:)



Alex
+1 :D
mozart
Posts: 30

Re: Another Little Athens Preview

Post by mozart » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:37 am

I don't post here very often, but I have to say that this thread is comparatively "civilized", no insults, George and Martin take part, etc. Very nice.

LGAV is a great idea. I support the wishes for an FS9 version. Just like many other people I have been sticking to FS9 for most of my flying: my entire AFCADs and AI is set up for FS9, there are many sceneries that do not exist for FSX, and it seems that FSX cannot handle heavy AI. I only use FSX for "landscape heavy" sceneries, i.e. when I don't to an IFR flight with a jetliner or other commercial aircraft over a long distance, but when I want to visit a part of the world. TahitiX, MaldivesX are examples. Only little commercial aircraft AI is needed to populate the main "incoming airport" (Papeete and Malé in my examples), the rest can be random GA traffic.

I seriously hope that the new product from Microsoft will drastically improve the handling of AI and AFCAD. The least would be
  • the possibility to use any runway configuration that I like
  • more runway capacity (=shorter intervals between landings, departing planes lining up as soon as landing plane has touched ground/before vacating runway)
  • the use of several runway entrances (e.g. no need to use full length for smaller planes)
  • airline assignments of gates also for user aircraft's plane (=I don't want GROUND sending my Delta plane to the Cargo area only because it doesn't realize that I am a Delta flight)
  • and assignment of gates not only by airline and radius but also by destination (e.g. at Toronto, make Air Canada's A319/A320/A321/E190 use the US gates when they fly to a destination whose ICAO code starts with "K", use domestic gates for all flights going to "Cxxx" destinations; at Paris CDG, have all A32S with destination "EGxx" leave from Terminal 2E, all "EDxx" from 2D, all "LFMN" from 2F, all "LFST" from 2D, all "Gxxx" from 2F, and so on...)
Sorry if this was a little off topic but I just want to share what is going on in the head of somebody who has probably bought 80%-90% of all scenery payware that is out there and give insight to others why FS9 is not a relic but does superbly well what many of us are looking for.

Other than that, George, Martin, keep up the good work! I am looking forward for any product that you publish.
ProductionFlight
Posts: 6

Re: Another Little Athens Preview

Post by ProductionFlight » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:48 pm

The Preview Looks Like Its Releasing Tomorrow Cant Wait To Have It
newmanix
Posts: 402

Re: Another Little Athens Preview

Post by newmanix » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:37 pm

ProductionFlight wrote:The Preview Looks Like Its Releasing Tomorrow Cant Wait To Have It

I bet you can't wait. And maybe tomorrow you will knock off the bold lettering too...
skydvdan
Posts: 2121

Re: Another Little Athens Preview

Post by skydvdan » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:46 pm

newmanix wrote:
ProductionFlight wrote:The Preview Looks Like Its Releasing Tomorrow Cant Wait To Have It

I bet you can't wait. And maybe tomorrow you will knock off the bold lettering too...
LOL, Wait till he figures out how to do this.
MidgeyMidget2
Posts: 1235

Re: Another Little Athens Preview

Post by MidgeyMidget2 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:08 pm

skydvdan wrote:
newmanix wrote:
ProductionFlight wrote:The Preview Looks Like Its Releasing Tomorrow Cant Wait To Have It

I bet you can't wait. And maybe tomorrow you will knock off the bold lettering too...
LOL, Wait till he figures out how to do this.
BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!
newmanix
Posts: 402

Re: Another Little Athens Preview

Post by newmanix » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:26 pm

NO WAY!! I HAD NO IDEA!!!!
MicaGR
Posts: 14

Re: Another Little Athens Preview

Post by MicaGR » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:52 am

Hi... at what % is the project done? :D
Can we see something new?
skydvdan
Posts: 2121

Re: Another Little Athens Preview

Post by skydvdan » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:38 pm

MicaGR wrote:Hi... at what % is the project done? :D
Can we see something new?
The project will be released when it is 100% done of course. You shouldn't pester the developers, that is why they never used to reveal what they were working on so they could work in peace. I predict it'll go back to that way.
Post Reply