Next Airport

Post Reply
_Dre_
Posts: 302

Re: Next Airport

Post by _Dre_ » Mon May 02, 2011 9:34 am

There's a DMV Simulator being made by Paavo slated to be the Microsoft Flight "killer".
mav316
Posts: 11

Re: Next Airport

Post by mav316 » Sat May 07, 2011 6:17 pm

I think Imaginesim made a descent attempt to recreate San Juan Luis Munoz Intl, but I know that Fly Tampa could slam dunk this airport! As a major airport and the main gate to the Caribbean locations, I think this airport deserves a facelift!
cmpbllsjc
Posts: 192

Re: Next Airport

Post by cmpbllsjc » Sun May 08, 2011 2:16 am

mav316 wrote:I think Imaginesim made a descent attempt to recreate San Juan Luis Munoz Intl, but I know that Fly Tampa could slam dunk this airport! As a major airport and the main gate to the Caribbean locations, I think this airport deserves a facelift!
No need for FlyTampa to do it since LatinVFR is going to do a remake with:

1- TJSJ airport very highly detailed
2- Highly detailed sorroundings (very beautiful area in real life)
3- Photo scenery

See here: http://www.flycay.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3658
flythebest
Posts: 2

Re: Next Airport

Post by flythebest » Mon May 09, 2011 7:44 am

Hello guys


I would like you to consider Roma Fiumicino airport. There aren't any creations for it in FSX and the last freeware for FS9 was in 2005. I searched over the net and didn't find any project of creation for FSX and FS9. This is an important airport and a major base of Alitalia.

So please Flytampa, think about it !

Regards

Mike
mav316
Posts: 11

Re: Next Airport

Post by mav316 » Tue May 10, 2011 3:37 pm

Cool Didnt know latinVFR was donig a TJSJ! So I agree with the Rome Airport Fiumicino Airport! But I think Fly Tampa should go a little further then that maybe a LIMC - Milan Malpensa which is the main airport to Italy smack in the middle of Austria, France, Germany, and Switzerland.
cmpbllsjc
Posts: 192

Re: Next Airport

Post by cmpbllsjc » Tue May 10, 2011 4:50 pm

I doubt any Italian airports will be done due to the reasons FSDT and Aerosoft wont do them, piracy!!

If you want to know what I mean, make a request on either of their forums and they will both say the same thing.
george[flytampa]
Site Admin
Posts: 3509

Re: Next Airport

Post by george[flytampa] » Tue May 10, 2011 5:07 pm

Italian Airports more prone to piracy? What did they say to give that impression?
B777ER
Posts: 387

Re: Next Airport

Post by B777ER » Tue May 10, 2011 9:39 pm

george[flytampa] wrote:Italian Airports more prone to piracy? What did they say to give that impression?
Gli italiani spendono tutto il loro denaro in polpette. È per questo che il software pirata.
george[flytampa]
Site Admin
Posts: 3509

Re: Next Airport

Post by george[flytampa] » Wed May 11, 2011 7:53 am

B777ER wrote:
george[flytampa] wrote:Italian Airports more prone to piracy? What did they say to give that impression?
Gli italiani spendono tutto il loro denaro in polpette. È per questo che il software pirata.
haha :D
cmpbllsjc
Posts: 192

Re: Next Airport

Post by cmpbllsjc » Wed May 11, 2011 1:14 pm

george[flytampa] wrote:Italian Airports more prone to piracy? What did they say to give that impression?
Here are some quotes among many from FSDT and Aerosoft on the subject.

Umberto from FSDT said:
Europe IS complex. Each country is different, different languages are a barrier to make advertising and to support users, and even the very use of the PC as a gaming platform is not the same across Europe, because there's a big difference between, for example, Germany (and the other german-speaking countries), were the PC is still quite strong, and other countries like Italy or Spain, were the PC is relatively strong but plagued with extreme piracy rates, and consoles are keep taking over market share away from the PC every year.
Mathijs from Aerosoft said.
Italy is harder as blatant piracy (and the total inaccessibility of the retail stores) make it not really worthwhile. Without piracy we would for sure have done at least 4 major airports. Now we just got Venice.
There are other similar quotes from both developers on the subject but that is the jist of what they always say. If you google Italy and piracy you will see that Italy is one of the worst countries in Europe for pirated software/music.

Not long ago, FSDT ran a poll for their next scenery which included LIRF (Rome) and LIMC (Milan) and someone or some people created a bunch of fake usernames to vote for LIRF. After they backed out all the fake votes by that person/people, it would have amounted to hardly anything and FSDT figured that it would be to risky to even come out ahead on the project.

Frankly, in essence I dont think either dev feels that there is enough legitiment demand for Italian airports vs. the amount that would be cracked and uploaded to pirate sites.

Personally as a consumer of FS airports and as an owner of a limited amount of European sceneries, I would probably pass on a title for either LIRF or LIMC. There seems to be so much demand/requests for more medium to large sized US airports that still have yet to be developed for FSX, that I would wager sales would be much greater if more time was spent in that area.
george[flytampa]
Site Admin
Posts: 3509

Re: Next Airport

Post by george[flytampa] » Wed May 11, 2011 3:07 pm

I can't talk for Italian airports, but our International non-US sceneries out-sell our US sceneries. In the past few years the gap seems to be widening. Vienna V2 out sold BOS, BUF & TPA. It's not looking good for the US market. Maybe some of the Superhubs like ATL, DFW etc still sell well.

I think US airport fans just make more noise on the internet :) A massive percentage of our paying customers are from Germany & the UK. Those guys definitely want European fields.
cmpbllsjc
Posts: 192

Re: Next Airport

Post by cmpbllsjc » Wed May 11, 2011 3:33 pm

george[flytampa] wrote:I can't talk for Italian airports, but our International non-US sceneries out-sell our US sceneries. In the past few years the gap seems to be widening. Vienna V2 out sold BOS, BUF & TPA. It's not looking good for the US market. Maybe some of the Superhubs like ATL, DFW etc still sell well.

I think US airport fans just make more noise on the internet :) A massive percentage of our paying customers are from Germany & the UK. Those guys definitely want European fields.
I'm always surprised to hear that, although sometimes I wonder if the Euro stuff outsell the US stuff because there is more to choose from or because its been out longer. When FSX first launched I bought more Euro stuff, not really becuase I was that interested in it, but more because if I wanted some airports to fly into that weren't default. That being said, if I was just now entering the FSX market and with the amount of US airports that are now available, I surely wouldn't have purchased so much European sceneries.

Maybe you guys should do Milan or Rome as an experiment and see what happens. Perhaps it wont be as much of an issue with lost sales to piracy as FSDT and Aerosoft make it out to be.
george[flytampa]
Site Admin
Posts: 3509

Re: Next Airport

Post by george[flytampa] » Wed May 11, 2011 3:44 pm

cmpbllsjc wrote:
Maybe you guys should do Milan or Rome as an experiment and see what happens. Perhaps it wont be as much of an issue with lost sales to piracy as FSDT and Aerosoft make it out to be.
I'm too broke to be experimenting with anything :)
Shame because I always used to love the old ISD LIRF in FS9. It really was the best freeware of its time. Apart from Boston ;)
cmpbllsjc
Posts: 192

Re: Next Airport

Post by cmpbllsjc » Wed May 11, 2011 4:47 pm

george[flytampa] wrote:I'm too broke to be experimenting with anything :)
Hahahaha, I dont blame you. It would be just your luck the FSDT and Aerosoft guys are right and you end up barely making any money on it.
Post Reply