Poll - FSX or FS9?

Post Reply

Which is currently your primary sim of choice?

Poll ended at Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:02 pm

FSX
77
45%
FS9
96
55%
 
Total votes: 173
skydvdan
Posts: 2121

Re: Poll - FSX or FS9?

Post by skydvdan » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:03 pm

newmanix wrote:This puts me at ease. A lot of my flying is on the plane and GOGO wifi is barely enough bandwith to send this post. So nice to know I won't need an internet connection. To be honest, I don't check the Flight site at all because I know me. I love this hobby so much and I know i'll get my hopes up. That's why I am just kinda sitting back to see what will come.
I'll keep you up to date on what really matters. ;)
nickac1092
Posts: 107

Re: Poll - FSX or FS9?

Post by nickac1092 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:43 am

I invested heavily in FS9 and therefore im not upgrading. I would stay with FS9 until Microsft Flight comes out. Then i will get a powerful Alienware desktop. I will not use FSX because its S***. It looks more like a dam concle game then a real sim. It looks worse then Delta Airlines's Flight sims they got.
nickac1092
Posts: 107

Re: Poll - FSX or FS9?

Post by nickac1092 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:43 am

I invested heavily in FS9 and therefore im not upgrading. I would stay with FS9 until Microsft Flight comes out. Then i will get a powerful Alienware desktop. I will not use FSX because its S***. It looks more like a dam concle game then a real sim. It looks worse then Delta Airlines's Flight sims they got.
newmanix
Posts: 402

Re: Poll - FSX or FS9?

Post by newmanix » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:33 am

skydvdan wrote:
newmanix wrote:This puts me at ease. A lot of my flying is on the plane and GOGO wifi is barely enough bandwith to send this post. So nice to know I won't need an internet connection. To be honest, I don't check the Flight site at all because I know me. I love this hobby so much and I know i'll get my hopes up. That's why I am just kinda sitting back to see what will come.
I'll keep you up to date on what really matters. ;)
Cheers! :wink:
newmanix
Posts: 402

Re: Poll - FSX or FS9?

Post by newmanix » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:34 am

nickac1092 wrote:I invested heavily in FS9 and therefore im not upgrading. I would stay with FS9 until Microsft Flight comes out. Then i will get a powerful Alienware desktop. I will not use FSX because its S***. It looks more like a dam concle game then a real sim. It looks worse then Delta Airlines's Flight sims they got.
I would stay away from Alienware if I were you.... especially if you are planning to use it for flight simming.
skydvdan
Posts: 2121

Re: Poll - FSX or FS9?

Post by skydvdan » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:24 pm

nickac1092 wrote:I invested heavily in FS9 and therefore im not upgrading. I would stay with FS9 until Microsft Flight comes out. Then i will get a powerful Alienware desktop. I will not use FSX because its S***. It looks more like a dam concle game then a real sim. It looks worse then Delta Airlines's Flight sims they got.
If you think that FSX looks like a console game then what is the point of getting flight? It lloks even more like a console game. If that is your only excuse for not using FSX then you are wasting your time waiting. Flight will essentially be an upgrade to FSX like FS2004 was to FS2002. As for the Alienware, why not just build your own computer and save $500+? People can't even say anymore that they don't know how because there are tons of tutorials on youtube.
BionicCrab
Posts: 8

Re: Poll - FSX or FS9?

Post by BionicCrab » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:38 am

skydvdan wrote:
nickac1092 wrote: As for the Alienware, why not just build your own computer and save $500+? People can't even say anymore that they don't know how because there are tons of tutorials on youtube.
The funny thing is these days it's easier to install a water cooling, than the retail Intel fan. The rest is practically lego.
skydvdan
Posts: 2121

Re: Poll - FSX or FS9?

Post by skydvdan » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:43 am

BionicCrab wrote:
skydvdan wrote:
nickac1092 wrote: As for the Alienware, why not just build your own computer and save $500+? People can't even say anymore that they don't know how because there are tons of tutorials on youtube.
The funny thing is these days it's easier to install a water cooling, than the retail Intel fan. The rest is practically lego.
Exactly!! Thank you.
nickac1092
Posts: 107

Re: Poll - FSX or FS9?

Post by nickac1092 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:34 pm

Alright Bioniccrab and skydan, Find me a gaming computer under $2,000 USD with these specs then:
Intel Core I7 capable of overclocking to 4GHz or more (Normal clock at 3.4-3.6GHz)
RAM: 16gb
Seagate 7,200rpm 1TB HDD
Any brand name 60GB SDD (for operating system)
2X ATI video card Radean series (example: 5860 or 4830)
Air cooled or Water cooled (dont care which but it has to kept my computer temp from going over 70C)

My computer specs now: (runnning FS9 maxed out)
Gateway FX6000 series Windows Vista 64bit Home premium
700GB seagate HDD
RAM: 6GB
Intel Core Q9400 2.66GHz per core (not capable of over clocking)
ATI Radean HD4830/4850
Air cooled computer
skydvdan
Posts: 2121

Re: Poll - FSX or FS9?

Post by skydvdan » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:12 pm

nickac1092 wrote:Alright Bioniccrab and skydan, Find me a gaming computer under $2,000 USD with these specs then:
Intel Core I7 capable of overclocking to 4GHz or more (Normal clock at 3.4-3.6GHz)
RAM: 16gb
Seagate 7,200rpm 1TB HDD
Any brand name 60GB SDD (for operating system)
2X ATI video card Radean series (example: 5860 or 4830)
Air cooled or Water cooled (dont care which but it has to kept my computer temp from going over 70C)

My computer specs now: (runnning FS9 maxed out)
Gateway FX6000 series Windows Vista 64bit Home premium
700GB seagate HDD
RAM: 6GB
Intel Core Q9400 2.66GHz per core (not capable of over clocking)
ATI Radean HD4830/4850
Air cooled computer
I don't shop for other people but I'll tell you that my system which you'll find in my signature was less than $2K and you can find the parts at newegg.com.
nickac1092
Posts: 107

Re: Poll - FSX or FS9?

Post by nickac1092 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:56 pm

I already found the computer im getting soon. Its the Dell XPS 8300. Im going to custimize that and buy it in a year or 2.
newmanix
Posts: 402

Re: Poll - FSX or FS9?

Post by newmanix » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:56 pm

Which by then will be pointless...
skydvdan
Posts: 2121

Re: Poll - FSX or FS9?

Post by skydvdan » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:58 pm

Yup, could build a better computer for half the price.
newmanix
Posts: 402

Re: Poll - FSX or FS9?

Post by newmanix » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:29 pm

And I don't recommend buying a Dell.
Post Reply