Poll - FSX or FS9?

Post Reply

Which is currently your primary sim of choice?

Poll ended at Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:02 pm

FSX
77
45%
FS9
96
55%
 
Total votes: 173
george[flytampa]
Site Admin
Posts: 3526

Re: Poll - FSX or FS9?

Post by george[flytampa] » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:29 pm

newmanix wrote:Wow 50 - 50 hmmm....,
Rigged :)

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/339258-sho ... t-for-fs9/
n797mx
Posts: 478

Re: Poll - FSX or FS9?

Post by n797mx » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:14 pm

george[flytampa] wrote:
newmanix wrote:Wow 50 - 50 hmmm....,
Rigged :)

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/339258-sho ... t-for-fs9/
Hey, they are still people who use FS9... :D
Bakern
Posts: 33

Re: Poll - FSX or FS9?

Post by Bakern » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:32 pm

Hey, they are still people who use FS9... :D

Why......!!! :D
g7usl
Posts: 1

Re: Poll - FSX or FS9?

Post by g7usl » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:52 pm

george[flytampa] wrote:I'm going to regret running this poll but here goes....
Please don't start a FSX V FS9 war.
Why regret starting this George? It's beneficial to your future sales.

I voted FS9 Main Sim

FSX is okay for VFR flyers and very nice IF you have a system powerful enough to run it.

Please continue to provide for both?
MidgeyMidget2
Posts: 1235

Re: Poll - FSX or FS9?

Post by MidgeyMidget2 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:24 pm

g7usl wrote:
george[flytampa] wrote:I'm going to regret running this poll but here goes....
Please don't start a FSX V FS9 war.
Why regret starting this George? It's beneficial to your future sales.
Generally, these threads tend to develop into a petty argument between fans of FS9 and fans of FSX.
newmanix
Posts: 402

Re: Poll - FSX or FS9?

Post by newmanix » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

george[flytampa] wrote:
newmanix wrote:Wow 50 - 50 hmmm....,
Rigged :)

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/339258-sho ... t-for-fs9/
I see what you mean but not really. Few users check this side on a regular baises for FT's known fact of not showing previews. Thus, this site goes overlooked untill there is a word of an FT release, so getting the word out to my FS9 brethren was a good idea actually because let's face it, who would ever expect such a poll to ever occur here anyway?

Besides we all know there are more FSX users over FS9, the point of the poll is to show how many people still use FS9, now you have a darn good idea.
MidgeyMidget2
Posts: 1235

Re: Poll - FSX or FS9?

Post by MidgeyMidget2 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:05 pm

newmanix wrote:Besides we all know there are more FSX users over FS9, the point of the poll is to show how many people still use FS9, now you have a darn good idea.
Less than 200 people is not the best representation of thousands of people in the market for flight simulator addons. If I see a poll where there are over 1000 respondents, then I think you can consider the data 'reliable.' But I have yet to see such numbers for "FSX or FS9" polls.
newmanix
Posts: 402

Re: Poll - FSX or FS9?

Post by newmanix » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:13 pm

So what you are clearly saying is, there was no point to the poll in the first place...
MidgeyMidget2
Posts: 1235

Re: Poll - FSX or FS9?

Post by MidgeyMidget2 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:06 pm

newmanix wrote:So what you are clearly saying is, there was no point to the poll in the first place...
Not completely. All that matters is what the administrator of the poll is looking for. If they achieve information that they consider valuable, then that's a successful poll. Personally, I wouldn't be putting much stock in a poll intended to gauge an entire market when there are only 150 or so respondents. Now, what George's intentions were, I don't know, so I obviously cannot speak to that. But to make a business decision off of 150 semi-anonymous clicks of a mouse, just doesn't seem smart to me.

You go with what the money tells you to do. In an example of addon sceneries, if a comparable scenery you produced recently sells really well for FSX and sales were poor for FS9, I'd consider whether or not the time invested in creating an FS9 version for a comparable future scenery is worth it.

But again, I'm not George. I don't know his intentions of the poll; I don't know his financial situation and what sales are like exactly; I don't know the specific amount of time and money required to produce an addon scenery for Flight Sim (both FSX and FS9). All I know is 150 responses might not be the best model for a market of many thousands.
Sk1nNy
Posts: 10

Re: Poll - FSX or FS9?

Post by Sk1nNy » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:48 pm

Fs9 is old,but doesn't mean it isn't good any more, damn good infact.

Vote all my wishes to Fs9 :D
keino333
Posts: 72

Re: Poll - FSX or FS9?

Post by keino333 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:15 am

MidgeyMidget2 wrote:
newmanix wrote:So what you are clearly saying is, there was no point to the poll in the first place...
Not completely. All that matters is what the administrator of the poll is looking for. If they achieve information that they consider valuable, then that's a successful poll. Personally, I wouldn't be putting much stock in a poll intended to gauge an entire market when there are only 150 or so respondents. Now, what George's intentions were, I don't know, so I obviously cannot speak to that. But to make a business decision off of 150 semi-anonymous clicks of a mouse, just doesn't seem smart to me.

You go with what the money tells you to do. In an example of addon sceneries, if a comparable scenery you produced recently sells really well for FSX and sales were poor for FS9, I'd consider whether or not the time invested in creating an FS9 version for a comparable future scenery is worth it.

But again, I'm not George. I don't know his intentions of the poll; I don't know his financial situation and what sales are like exactly; I don't know the specific amount of time and money required to produce an addon scenery for Flight Sim (both FSX and FS9). All I know is 150 responses might not be the best model for a market of many thousands.

Seriously bro I couldn't resist...I take your point but let me ask you this...In this present economic time which are you most likely to see...
a) 1000 Fs9ers having $3K plus of disposable cash to purchase a system that glorifies FSX
or
b) 1000 Fs9ers dropping $30 on the next great scenery by FT....
I don't know about your logic, but I'm pretty confident that the present 160 plus replies are relevant and relatively congruent stats across the entire FS community.
MidgeyMidget2
Posts: 1235

Re: Poll - FSX or FS9?

Post by MidgeyMidget2 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:37 am

keino333 wrote:Seriously bro I couldn't resist...I take your point but let me ask you this...In this present economic time which are you most likely to see...
a) 1000 Fs9ers having $3K plus of disposable cash to purchase a system that glorifies FSX
or
b) 1000 Fs9ers dropping $30 on the next great scenery by FT....
I don't know about your logic, but I'm pretty confident that the present 160 plus replies are relevant and relatively congruent stats across the entire FS community.
You realize I use FS9 and have no plans of switching to FSX at this point, right? I'm all for FS9 and I'm not arguing what people would be more likely to do. But 150 people cannot logically represent many thousands of people. Maybe it gives George the snapshot he was looking for but it cannot accurately represent the entire market, especially when numerous people have already replied "both" without that option being available on the poll.

And this "entire FS community" you speak about...how do you know? How much of the FS community just buys the products and reads forums and how many take the time to register as actual members of websites and forums and vote in the polls? Again, there is just too much unknown, although I'd be willing to say a poll with a large number of respondents would closely model the entire market. But compared to how big this market likely is, 150 or so people is not that great of a model.

Anyway, I fear this is going to turn into a "but FS9/FSX is better" thread because of this, so I'll stop my part here. :)
newmanix
Posts: 402

Re: Poll - FSX or FS9?

Post by newmanix » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:46 am

george[flytampa] wrote:
newmanix wrote:Wow 50 - 50 hmmm....,
Rigged :)

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/339258-sho ... t-for-fs9/
http://forum.avsim.net/topic/339261-sho ... t-for-fsx/

Not so much...
george[flytampa]
Site Admin
Posts: 3526

Re: Poll - FSX or FS9?

Post by george[flytampa] » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:13 am

newmanix wrote:
george[flytampa] wrote:
newmanix wrote:Wow 50 - 50 hmmm....,
Rigged :)

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/339258-sho ... t-for-fs9/
http://forum.avsim.net/topic/339261-sho ... t-for-fsx/

Not so much...
I doubt its fair because FSX users know their sim isn't endangered.

I'm not anti-FS9, just anti dual development. Now with a third version coming out, there's no way I'll cope developing for three platforms. Even now FS9 DOES hold back FSX development somewhat. I simplify design methods to retain fs9 compatibility later on. This has to come to an end soon.

I'll attempt a FS9 port of Athens (if possible because the trench/highway might cause problems), but in the future, its highly unlikely I'll consider another FS9 version. Its just too old.
Post Reply