Update & new plans

altstiff

Re: Update & new plans

Post by altstiff » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:03 pm

CYUL? CYYZ please! It's Canada's busiest airport....

BUT if the above list is our only option....CYUL of course..

Although EFHK would be nice for FSX (the freeware FS9 version is awesome).

Is the next addon for FSX only George? Either way I say CYUL with EFHK a close second....
cmpbllsjc

Post by cmpbllsjc » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:33 pm

yankeesji wrote:I would have to pass on all.
I hate to say it but i'm not too interested in those choices much either. If I had to choose I would probably pic Montreal or Prague, but they would be "rainy day" purchases, meaning I probably wouldn't buy them until I reached a point of boredom and felt the need for a new airport. KaiTak, The Grandines, Midway and Athens kind of fall into that category for me also, with the exception of Miday only because I own KORD, but I still have yet to pull the trigger on those. I'd probably buy Athens before I purchased any of the choices presented.

Since George expressed some interest in some smaller airports I was kind of disappointed he didn't consider some of the smaller fields in the US we have been asking for forever ie. KSAN, KTUS, KABQ, KOKC, KSAT, things of that nature that seem to always get over looked.

Atlhough I am glad he is skipping Spokane KGEG most likely due to some conflict with ORBX.
george[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by george[flytampa] » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:06 am

cmpbllsjc wrote:
yankeesji wrote:I would have to pass on all.
I hate to say it but i'm not too interested in those choices much either. If I had to choose I would probably pic Montreal or Prague, but they would be "rainy day" purchases, meaning I probably wouldn't buy them until I reached a point of boredom and felt the need for a new airport. KaiTak, The Grandines, Midway and Athens kind of fall into that category for me also, with the exception of Miday only because I own KORD, but I still have yet to pull the trigger on those. I'd probably buy Athens before I purchased any of the choices presented.

Since George expressed some interest in some smaller airports I was kind of disappointed he didn't consider some of the smaller fields in the US we have been asking for forever ie. KSAN, KTUS, KABQ, KOKC, KSAT, things of that nature that seem to always get over looked.

Atlhough I am glad he is skipping Spokane KGEG most likely due to some conflict with ORBX.
Yes, we all know you like american airports. Its not all about america is it? Its time Canada had something other than free healthcare ;)
There was absolutely NO conflict with Orbx. John was very supportive regarding Spokane.
george[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by george[flytampa] » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:13 am

USAIRBRO wrote:Hey Brotha George, WHAT ABOUT SEATTLE V2 REBOTED? PLEASE!!!!!! FS9/FSX
Maybe next time.
Bakern

Post by Bakern » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:28 am

All four are very welcome in my eyes :D

Keep up the good work FT, i can't thank you enough for all your scenery's, Top Work :)

Brgds
Stein-Ove
infus1on

Post by infus1on » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:34 am

Well I almost never post on the FlyTampa forums but I love their products. First and foremost my greatest wish is for another version of KSEA. I know all about that subject here from reading the forums and how people are ripped for the suggestion but it is still my wish. If you don't make your voice known than you can not expect any results. I would welcome a Canadian airport but I would strongly suggest CYVR. It is a spectacular area to fly into along with really interesting approaches. There is nothing like coming in over the mountains to land. For what it is worth you are also just a hop skip and a jump from some of the most incredible GA flying along with access to the US west coast airports along with Alaska. Respectfully submitted.
cmpbllsjc

Post by cmpbllsjc » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:42 am

george[flytampa] wrote:Yes, we all know you like american airports. Its not all about america is it? Its time Canada had something other than free healthcare ;)

There was absolutely NO conflict with Orbx. John was very supportive regarding Spokane.
How did you know I liked American airports? I dont think I have every mentioned it..

Just to clarify, it's not that I dont like European stuff, but more the fact that Aerosoft along with UK2000 have covered so much in that part of the world that it would be nice to get more US coverage. Beside the stuff for FSX that FlyTampa, FSDT and Flightbeam have done, there really isn't a whole lot of other high quality US airports. Sure there is Imaginesim and BluePrint, but its not close to what you, FSDT and FB put out.

There are some Canadien airports for FSX on the market, the author I cant remember. They're not bad looking, but not as nice as what you guys make, but the fellows up north haven't been suffering completely this whole time.

On the ORBX thing I though for sure it had to do with them, more like the fact that they had already staked a claim to it. I'm surprised that John was very supportive, he seems to come across as so controlling that if anyone infringes on what they are doing he gets mad. I know he was pissed when someone else released a freeware version of YMML that wasn't a whole lot worse looking than their payware version.
BoazDK

Post by BoazDK » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:53 am

Flightbeam will create more western US airport for sure, so the future looks ok. Their next airport will be PHX and I know for a fact that many wished for that airport!

George YUL sounds solid no? :wink:

SEA is not a bad idea for your next project! Your FS9 was amazing so with ORBX you would rule!
Nils

Post by Nils » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:18 am

I would buy all of them :D
wunistoyi

Post by wunistoyi » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:32 am

Wow!!! Montreal, no doubt!!
LukasBA

Post by LukasBA » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:32 am

Well this is just my two cents:

CYUL: Great idea. as previously stated by several others in this thread Canada really lacks a good airport, and it would be a great addition to the flytampa expansion

Prague: Also a great idea. Ruzyne is a quite nice airport with a lot of interesting traffic. Besides that the flightsim world needs some more airports in the eastern part of europe (Aerosoft's budapest scenery for 2004 just won't do it anymore)

EFHK: An interesting choice as the parts around Vantaa airports are beautiful and the airport it self is very interesting. Having said that I would rather ask for an airport already done, and the "Finnish Scenery Design" Team (FSD) has already made a beautiful rendition of Vantaa airport, so this would definately not be my first choice

VTSP: Another interesting choice as Phuket is a fun airport to fly to and has beautiful surroundings as well as many great routes from long haul to domestic. Again Phuket has already been made by Thaiflight, but as i haven't seen their new version and their old version wasn't that great, I think phuket would be a good idea for Flytampa as well. Besides there is not too many airports from flytampa in Asia

My choice: Montreal or Prague, but Phuket would be fine too, not Vantaa. :)

Lukas Agerskov
ckaack

Post by ckaack » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:45 am

I would like to see in Canada CYYZ as this is the busiest airport in Canada and besides this Toronto is the 4th largest city in North America. CYOW would be nice too as Ottawa is the capital of Canada. CYYC would be nice too as here we do have the Oil coming from Edmonton et cetera. But Montreal is not really my favorite as the people don't speak real French :D .
Er!k

Post by Er!k » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:49 am

I believe Prague is already announced by Aerosoft, and Helsinki is already covered by a nice feeware scenery. George, maybe you can make a poll so people can vote for their personal favourite? I go for Montreal b.t.w.
Velocity

Post by Velocity » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:38 am

What`s about Dubai?

I`m dreaming since years now for a new version, for both FSX and FS9.

I red in the aerosoft forum that they are going to make an arabic airport, too.
But they did not tell which airport.

Dubai has been exchanged extremely and it could be the best airport for FS, if flytampa could to that.

With AES lite, the skyline ect.

Can you please tell if you are still considering Dubai as one of your next projects, or should we forget i?

Thank you