P3D has a new price level

Post by paavo » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:38 am

You can now get P3D for $50.

http://www.prepar3d.com/prepar3d-store/
george[flytampa]
Site Admin

Re: P3D has a new price level

Post by george[flytampa] » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:56 pm

This seems odd to me. Are they not legally allowed to release a normal consumer version? Or is this it in disguise?
paavo

Post by paavo » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:27 pm

george[flytampa] wrote:This seems odd to me. Are they not legally allowed to release a normal consumer version? Or is this it in disguise?
My guess is yes, and this is a legal disguise of a consumer version. The student version has a small watermark in the upper right that you hardly notice, otherwise it's the same as the other versions.

bradley27

Post by bradley27 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:51 pm

I dont really know all too much about Prepar3d, it does sound intriging, but the pricing is crazy and then even with that said and the recent student price, what is so different about the full priced version and the student priced?

Is this the next best thing to FSX? Is it worth considering? Does it support the vast FSX sceneries currently? Can it run the AI traffic e.g World of AI?
paavo

Post by paavo » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:22 pm

bradley27 wrote:I dont really know all too much about Prepar3d, it does sound intriging, but the pricing is crazy and then even with that said and the recent student price, what is so different about the full priced version and the student priced?
The only difference is the watermark in the upper right of my screenshot that says "academic version" for the student version.
Is this the next best thing to FSX? Is it worth considering? Does it support the vast FSX sceneries currently? Can it run the AI traffic e.g World of AI?
Think of it as service pack 3 for FSX, visit the P3D forums for more info http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/