FlyTampa and P3Dv2

Axel

FlyTampa and P3Dv2

Post by Axel » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:13 pm

Hello!

Now that P3Dv2 is to be released quite soon and many secrets are lifted about the new v2, very quickly it comes to my mind if all the nice FSX FlyTampa sceneries will be compatible? :?

Brgds,

Axel
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Re: FlyTampa and P3Dv2

Post by martin[flytampa] » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:35 pm

Everything we tested sofar works fine, if patches are needed they will be minor. The current Installers do however not detect V2 because LM changed some registry key. This just means one has to manually add the Scenery Entry to the library in P3D. I'm currently updating our Installers which you can get by the usual way of requesting a new download/lost files.
Axel

Post by Axel » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:57 pm

Great to read this, Martin! :)
Flukey

Post by Flukey » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:57 pm

Awesome, as at this stage once I finally obtain the funds (or the wife's permission lol) for a PC upgrade im going from my trustworthy FS9 bypassing FSX straight into P3Dv2...

Does anyone here have a copy of P3Dv2 in beta4? And what are your thoughts and is it an improvement over FSX (Well with regards to OOM issues and Frames/smoothness with the sliders turned up since its basically FSX engine)?

Would be good to see PMDG move to this version in the future like many developers already as it would be a shame not to get their B777 once I move across :(

Love the fog effect though, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6Het5Fz ... e=youtu.be
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:20 pm

NDA is still in place, so we can't divulge anything besides screenshots and videos. We'll find out Monday.
philwhite

Post by philwhite » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:51 pm

I have Dubai Rebooted and will be shortly downloading Montreal. Like some others I will be getting P3D v2 and might need some help with the install if it won't self install.
Flukey

Post by Flukey » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:39 pm

Looks like PMDG are going to support their products in P3Dv2.....http://airdailyx.blogspot.com.au/2013/1 ... par3d.html
philwhite

Post by philwhite » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:52 pm

Since placing my posting I have got it figured out and it now works fine.