What is FlyTampa working on these days?

garrettprs
Posts: 58

What is FlyTampa working on these days?

Post by garrettprs » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:43 am

Despite all of the request threads here in the general forum, it's odd to me that no one's bothered asking the most basic question. A similar thread was started over on FSDT's forum and I wonder how many folks were shocked when Umberto simply came out and answered. Maybe we flightsimmers are too embroiled in speculation all of the time and it never occurs to us to simply ask.

Speaking of speculation... there's no doubt that EHAM is being developed [in partnership with FSDG]. Also, call it a hunch, but I'm sort of gathering that FT is going around and updating existing airports... an idea that I think is, in short, fantastic. Not sure about others but I'm loving the recently-updated Vienna and Athens.

So then, to the extent FT wants to talk (and believe me, we're listening), what are you gents up to these days?
Pilot777X
Posts: 76

Re: What is FlyTampa working on these days?

Post by Pilot777X » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:25 am

Personally I don't really need to know. When George or Martin likes to announce something it's gonna be perfect anyway, no matter what airport ;)
ywg256
Posts: 133

Re: What is FlyTampa working on these days?

Post by ywg256 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:18 pm

garrettprs wrote:Despite all of the request threads here in the general forum, it's odd to me that no one's bothered asking the most basic question. A similar thread was started over on FSDT's forum and I wonder how many folks were shocked when Umberto simply came out and answered. Maybe we flightsimmers are too embroiled in speculation all of the time and it never occurs to us to simply ask.

Speaking of speculation... there's no doubt that EHAM is being developed [in partnership with FSDG]. Also, call it a hunch, but I'm sort of gathering that FT is going around and updating existing airports... an idea that I think is, in short, fantastic. Not sure about others but I'm loving the recently-updated Vienna and Athens.

So then, to the extent FT wants to talk (and believe me, we're listening), what are you gents up to these days?
What I am interested to know is who is working on Cancun at the moment. I always felt that Flytampa could be the one working on that project. The one Tower shot I've seen looks like it could easily be the work of FT. AirDailyX had on their billboard that Flytampa was working on an undisclosed project and D'Andre also listed Cancun as being developed by an undisclosed developer. Could Cancun be in the works by FT? I sure hope so. FlyCancun has a nice ring to it.
Christopher Low
Posts: 27

Re: What is FlyTampa working on these days?

Post by Christopher Low » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:14 am

FlyShannon would be the one I would like to see :wink:
nbl5370
Posts: 4

Re: What is FlyTampa working on these days?

Post by nbl5370 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:36 am

Would love to see FlyTampa do some New Zealand airports. Maybe NZAA, NZCH as there are not really any scenery out for P3D for either of these two airports and we do have a lot of pilots that fly into these two airports from all parts of the world so it would be great if this could be done.

I know that Orbx were working on NZAA at one stage but I think that came to a stop due to the developer taking sick and I have not seen anything else about it.
ywg256
Posts: 133

Re: What is FlyTampa working on these days?

Post by ywg256 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:14 am

nbl5370 wrote:Would love to see FlyTampa do some New Zealand airports. Maybe NZAA, NZCH as there are not really any scenery out for P3D for either of these two airports and we do have a lot of pilots that fly into these two airports from all parts of the world so it would be great if this could be done.

I know that Orbx were working on NZAA at one stage but I think that came to a stop due to the developer taking sick and I have not seen anything else about it.
I would definitely love to see NZAA too. Has there ever been a payware rendition of this airport? I can think back to as far as FS2002 without a decent payware or freeware offering of this airport.
CX 747-400
Posts: 129

Re: What is FlyTampa working on these days?

Post by CX 747-400 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:21 pm

I hope they dont do NZAA since FTX is already doing it.
I would love to see them do Portland (KPDX), Oakland (KOAK), or New Orleans (KMSY).
ywg256
Posts: 133

Re: What is FlyTampa working on these days?

Post by ywg256 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:07 pm

CX 747-400 wrote:I hope they dont do NZAA since FTX is already doing it.
I would love to see them do Portland (KPDX), Oakland (KOAK), or New Orleans (KMSY).
You can take comfort in the fact that there is a "well known" developer already working on KPDX. What we do know is apparently LatinVFR and FSDreamteam are both out of the KPDX sweepstakes according to both Umberto and Ricardo....I've also seen on AirdailyX that KMSY is also being developed by another unknown developer....how far along those projects are is anyone's guess.
Pilot777X
Posts: 76

Re: What is FlyTampa working on these days?

Post by Pilot777X » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:58 am

And from what I've heard those projects both get FlyTampa quality
streichholz
Posts: 40

Re: What is FlyTampa working on these days?

Post by streichholz » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:57 am

This Cancun thing is a secret. Would be great if this is FlyTampa, but I doubt it.

It could also be T2G (secret project) or LatinVFR (secret project). Also FSDT announced an airport outside of the US.

Would be nice to know the developer of Cancun.
Pilot777X
Posts: 76

Re: What is FlyTampa working on these days?

Post by Pilot777X » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:27 pm

The Shot of Cancun was really nice, top notch. But FlyTampa would have made it unique to their previous previews I think, Maybe I'm wrong who knows. Time will tell like the title says, Cancun 2015. I know there are alot of extensions going on at Cancun hope it doesn't bother development
garrettprs
Posts: 58

Re: What is FlyTampa working on these days?

Post by garrettprs » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:39 pm

Cancun doesn't smell like a project that FT would do, IMHO.

And LatinVFR, FSDT, FB and T2G's roadmaps have been reasonably well disseminated. I think I'm done with the former and latter, for whatever it's worth... which alludes to my sincere interest in what FT has up their sleeves these days.

Just to reiterate, while we all love new destinations, I would never knock a developer for rifling through a series of product upgrades. So if that's what FT is doing--updating KBOS, OMDB, etc.--I'm fine with that...
Pilot777X
Posts: 76

Re: What is FlyTampa working on these days?

Post by Pilot777X » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:58 am

Could be an FSDT project though they announced to release a few projects this year right?
ywg256
Posts: 133

Re: What is FlyTampa working on these days?

Post by ywg256 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:15 pm

Any thoughts on Dreamflight Studios for Cancun? Haven't heard anything about what they are up to for awhile and could be a possibility.
Post Reply