Parking Question?

ttymcfly

Parking Question?

Post by ttymcfly » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:55 pm

A while back I asked the question if there was any to have ATC park you in the right spot. For example you just touched down at SEATAC and the ATC told you park at N14 which is a United Gate. However you are in a Southwest 737 and they all park at the B gates. Is there any way to make ATC park you according to Airline. Please Help. :o
Acezboy

Post by Acezboy » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:21 pm

With the default ATC, no.
TJC

Post by TJC » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:25 am

As far as I was aware, default ATC should treat the UI aircraft in the same way as the AI aircraft as long as certain limits are set and reached.

1. There is room to park your aircraft at the normal terminal buildings.
2. There is room and a spot of sufficient size to park you there, and,
3. Your parking codes match up to a free parking spot of sufficient size to park you there.

Check the repaint uyou are using to se if you have the following in the Aircraft.cfg file,
atc_parking_codes=SWA
atc_parking_types=GATE

That is telling the Default ATC that you would like to park at a gate at the terminal, and that you are using a Southwest repaint with the SWA code expecting to get aprked at the Southwest gates.

It doesn't always work for the 3 reasons posted above, there may well be hundreds more reasons, but 95% of the time while using the parkiing codes I have got the parking position I would like to have.
Edge

Post by Edge » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:13 pm

If your still interested, I think I can help. I get my user aircraft parked at a specific gate by ATC. Let me know.

Think, David "OPA" Marshall, Avsim. Hint: VIP