Another V2 question.

TJC

Another V2 question.

Post by TJC » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:18 pm

First up, what a fantastic job you guys have done here, it looks as good as the real deal.

My question now, does the Skylink terminal cover heavy traffic, ie 767/777 sized Aircraft at the Air Bridges, or are the main Air Bridge parking spots used for A320/B737 sized Aircraft only?

The reason I ask is almost all Air Bridges as they are depicted in V2 are set for these types rather than being higher set for the heavies.

This is not meant to repreent the UI Aircraft using LOWW as AES will surely cover these differences, I'm thinking more the AI side of the house for now.

Thanks for the hard work Martin and George, looking forward to the next release.
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:34 pm

The Afcad parking is mostly gate small and few medium and the static jet bridges aren't as tight on the aircraft. I'm not sure what traffic the Skylink will handle in future but based on the dimensions I assume medium & heavies.

I haven't really seen any photos with the Skylink operational. There are photos with AC parked there (mostly Austrian), but the jetways are not connected / using it only for parking.
RKE

Post by RKE » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:04 pm

martin[flytampa] wrote:I haven't really seen any photos with the Skylink operational. There are photos with AC parked there (mostly Austrian), but the jetways are not connected / using it only for parking.
It was supposed to open in february, but due to the massive amount of construction errors they've recently found (3000 in total, 500 serious), it won't be opened until at least 2012.