Performance Question Pleasae Help

wenham

Performance Question Pleasae Help

Post by wenham » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:46 pm

Well I just bought St Maarten Complete Package and although everything looks great my performance is not so great. My FPS are all over the place going from 8 to the high 20's. This shows worst at ST MAARTEN and shows at BARTS but is more flyable. SABA has no problems at all. I dont have this problem with any other area. What once was one of the most FPS friendly now cant even handle the Cesna. Anybody have any ideas. I am using the FSX version.
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:52 pm

Did you check all options during installation? Performance can be increased by running the Installation (again) and un-checking for example:

Animated AI-Ships
Animated Vehciles
Animated Birds & Dolphins

Also what are your system specs? CPU, RAM, GFX and OS.
wenham

Post by wenham » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:41 pm

I will try and reinstall it. These are my system specs. Again I dont have this issue with any other area.

2.66 cpu oc to 3.48
2 gigs ram
xp-pro sp2 optimized for performance (NICKS TUNE UP)
8600 GT SSC (super super clocked) 256mb ddr3 ram
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:13 pm

Performance-wise it is correct that fastest will be SABA, followed by TFFJ and TNCM will be slowest. This is with any configuration.

I tested it on a system similar yo yours, 2GB, 8600GT 256... To get it down below 10 fps I have to max out most FSX Display sliders.

With settings like in this screenshot it runs smooth here.
files/image1_149.jpg
wenham

Post by wenham » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:45 pm

OK, that seems much better. I had my sliders at LOD RADIUS MID, 100 mesh complexity, 10 mesh res, 7 texture res, and 2x low water. I guess the mesh complexity and text res were my problems and I like the water setting better. I changed the sliders to what you showed except for I used normal AG. Thanks for the help, it really is a beautiful product! :D
dmbusmc

Re: Performance Question Pleasae Help

Post by dmbusmc » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:14 pm

I know it has been a while for this thread, but, the picture is not working on it, and I am curious to see the recommended settings. I have almost exactly the same setup, and want to compare settings to see if I can squeeze out a few more average FPS. TNCM sits around 9-15 on final. If you no longer have it could you just list the recommended settings? My current display settings are full-up, (which yes I know that's why I get a little low on final) and just want to know what the recommended settings are, similar to how they are displayed in the Grenadines manual on page 9, where there are red areas and green areas for each slider. Thank you.
paavo

Re: Performance Question Pleasae Help

Post by paavo » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:16 pm

dmbusmc wrote:I know it has been a while for this thread, but, the picture is not working on it, and I am curious to see the recommended settings. I have almost exactly the same setup, and want to compare settings to see if I can squeeze out a few more average FPS. TNCM sits around 9-15 on final. If you no longer have it could you just list the recommended settings? My current display settings are full-up, (which yes I know that's why I get a little low on final) and just want to know what the recommended settings are, similar to how they are displayed in the Grenadines manual on page 9, where there are red areas and green areas for each slider. Thank you.

Play around with the autogen and water slider, start with sparse autogen and low water and see how the fps are.