Double Jetways

Dimon

Double Jetways

Post by Dimon » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:39 am

George,

When I'm trying edit parkings and taxiways via AFCAD, I'm getting "double jetways effect", pretty much the same issue that Aerosoft ESSA had upon initial release.

I'm not a professional, but I guess this is perhaps you you used AFD/ADE for some scenery editing. As a result of that, ANY modifications via AFCAD results in abnormal visual effects as I decribed above.

Any chance to get a patch for AFCAD users, since otherwise we're just blocked from making any mods.

Thanks
Dmitriy
george[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by george[flytampa] » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:43 am

Hey Dmitriy,
I'm not familiar with this double jetway effect. Could you please explain a little further? Post a screen shot.

I'll see what I can do once I understand :)
Dimon

Post by Dimon » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:47 am

george[flytampa] wrote:Hey Dmitriy,
I'm not familiar with this double jetway effect. Could you please explain a little further? Post a screen shot.

I'll see what I can do once I understand :)
George,

Simply do a little trick - remove AF file completely from scenery folder, then load FS2004 and look at the jetways. If this won't provide you with a clue - I'll post a screen (even though I hate to do that).

Thanks
Dmitriy.

PS. KBOS V2 was fully removed if you have such question, BUT I occasionally see AES marshals through jetways.
Dimon

Post by Dimon » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:53 am

Other way to test this issue.

As I already mentioned, I have been always doing AFCAD modifications of ALL sceneries by myself for many years, but when AFX/ADE hit the market, things have become more complicated.

Please see my AFCAD-in-progress. I did nothing except deleting ALL gates and pair of 16/32 and 15L/33R. When I loaded FS again to strart working on parkings and runways' set-up I got double jetways.

Here is my "AFCAD" that generates DJ effects. Put into scenery folder
Attachments
AF2_KBOS.BGL
(26.15 KiB) Downloaded 357 times
Dimon

Post by Dimon » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:22 am

OK,

Here is the update. Seems like AES likes your new KBOS version as well as it liked V2. :D Removing files associated with KBOS from main AES folder solves the issue. Those "double jetways" effect was produced by AES, so the scenery itself, so please accept my apologies here.

Again - thanks for the Great Product. I didn't sleep this night waiting for BOS to arrive at simmarket.

Thanks
Dmitriy
george[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by george[flytampa] » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:22 am

I'll look into it a little later I'm busy now getting assets prepared for AES.

Are you sure there aren't any AES files still loading? If you can see the AES marshals AES is probably loading jetways too.
Dimon

Post by Dimon » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:27 am

Yes, I'm sure. Both jetways and marshalls, but as I said removing v2 files from AES folder solves the issue.
george[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by george[flytampa] » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:28 am

Couldn't resist trying it now :)

I just ran fs9 with your file & theres no double jetways. Looks fine to me; just no parking which is what you'd expect.

You must have AES or another boston still loading from somewhere.
I forget how AES works, but vaguely remember theres a option to disable airports? This version of BOS isn't AES compatible yet.
Dimon

Post by Dimon » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:45 am

Well perhaps this was really my fault that I forget to disable v2 AES from AES main menu, since I though that deletion of v2 folders automatically pull a plug into any AES actions related to BOS area.

PS. The other side effect of AFCAD editing pops up. The terrain area around airport is gone. Perhaps you applied exlusion via ADE. As far as I know there is small issue here - once ADE file is edited with AFCAD, any area exclusions done with ADE are eliminated. The same true for AI approaches made with ADE.

Thanks again
Dmitriy
Dimon

Post by Dimon » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:51 am

Dimon wrote:Well perhaps this was really my fault that I forget to disable v2 AES from AES main menu, since I though that deletion of v2 folders automatically pull a plug into any AES actions related to BOS area.

PS. The other side effect of AFCAD editing pops up. The terrain area around airport is gone. Perhaps you applied exlusion via ADE. As far as I know there is small issue here - once ADE file is edited with AFCAD, any area exclusions done with ADE are eliminated. The same true for AI approaches made with ADE.

Thanks again
Dmitriy
Actually, I mean photo scenery is gone, not terrain.
OrlandoRadon

Post by OrlandoRadon » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:00 am

george[flytampa] wrote:I'll look into it a little later I'm busy now getting assets prepared for AES.

Are you sure there aren't any AES files still loading? If you can see the AES marshals AES is probably loading jetways too.
will you guys do AES Support for FSX?
george[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by george[flytampa] » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:12 am

Dimon wrote:
Dimon wrote:Well perhaps this was really my fault that I forget to disable v2 AES from AES main menu, since I though that deletion of v2 folders automatically pull a plug into any AES actions related to BOS area.

Thanks again
Dmitriy

There are no excludes in my afcad that I can recall. The exclude was originally created with ADE but separated into another file.

Are you saying that when running the afcad file you sent me, the photoscenery is excluded? I just had a look while running your file again & I still have photoscenery.

Do you mind me asking what you are trying to do? Just modding the gates etc but using Lee's AFCAD2 editor?
george[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by george[flytampa] » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:12 am

OrlandoRadon wrote:
george[flytampa] wrote:I'll look into it a little later I'm busy now getting assets prepared for AES.

will you guys do AES Support for FSX?
Hope to soon.
Dimon

Post by Dimon » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:20 am

george[flytampa] wrote:
Dimon wrote:

Thanks again
Dmitriy

Do you mind me asking what you are trying to do? Just modding the gates etc but using Lee's AFCAD2 editor?
Yes. As well as taxiways and runaways lenght and wide.