Small issue with the updated KBOS

Nightflier101BL

Small issue with the updated KBOS

Post by Nightflier101BL » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:35 pm

Just wanted to let you know that I'm experiencing an issue with your scenery while using the PMDG MD-11. During taxi, the aircraft is slowly bouncing up and down on all of the taxiways. Everything is fine while on the runways, but the taxiways are all the same.

I'm also seeing a brief blank, square texture over the top of the airport for a second or two while the airport textures are loading. I noticed this on approach to 33L.

I've updated the airport to v3.1.

Other than those, the airport looks great. I get a lot of enjoyment out of your work.

Thanks in advance.

Robert
george[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by george[flytampa] » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:49 pm

Sorry I'm late repling, I'm on vaction.
Could you still have another Boston afcad file active somewhere?
Or I've screwed up the taxiway surface in the afcad. I can't check it till I get back to my pc in a few days.

Sent from iPhone.
Nightflier101BL

Post by Nightflier101BL » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:36 pm

Hey, no problem. I don't see any extra AFCAD's anywhere. Considering nobody else has reported about it, I'm sure it's an issue on my end somewhere.

Let me try it out with different aircraft and see if that makes a difference first so I know if it's related to the PMDG airplane or not.

Robert
Nightflier101BL

Post by Nightflier101BL » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:49 pm

Yeah, it is does happen with all the aircraft.
Narco

Post by Narco » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:24 pm

I have the same issue with Leonardo's Maddog.
Nightflier101BL

Post by Nightflier101BL » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:58 am

I've discovered something...if I go into the AFCAD and look at the taxiway links, they are all labeled as using "Bitimus" for the type of surface. I've always had issues with ANY taxiway or runway label as bitimus...always bouncing up and down.

So I tried changing the type to something else...I used "Asphalt", and it fixed my problem. I didn't see any visual changes, or any abnormalities in the scenery. No more bouncing.

Is this safe to change? If so, I can just go in myself and change them all.

Thanks

Robert
geoffbecks

Re: Small issue with the updated KBOS

Post by geoffbecks » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:25 am

Nightflier101BL wrote:Just wanted to let you know that I'm experiencing an issue with your scenery while using the PMDG MD-11. During taxi, the aircraft is slowly bouncing up and down on all of the taxiways. Everything is fine while on the runways, but the taxiways are all the same.

I'm also seeing a brief blank, square texture over the top of the airport for a second or two while the airport textures are loading. I noticed this on approach to 33L.

Other than those, the airport looks great. I get a lot of enjoyment out of your work.

Thanks in advance.
Robert

I use the 757 from captaim sim and I flew into the new Boston for the first time last night, I also had the sguare block show up for a second or two and I also have a gental bounce on the taxiway. I was on line with vatsim and noticed all the other aircraft were floating above the ground, not sure whos scenery they were using but it had quite a large difference in height that I have not had a problem with before although this could be coincidence I guess
Geoff
Thomson

Re: Small issue with the updated KBOS

Post by Thomson » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:08 pm

Nightflier101BL wrote:Just wanted to let you know that I'm experiencing an issue with your scenery while using the PMDG MD-11. During taxi, the aircraft is slowly bouncing up and down on all of the taxiways. Everything is fine while on the runways, but the taxiways are all the same.

Thanks in advance.

Robert
I just wanted to add that I've also done a flight from Boston V3.1 using a 50N 737 and the aircraft does bounce up and down on the taxiways and aprons but seems to be OK on the runways. Hopefully this can be fixed, other than that, I love this airport.

Best regards
James
george[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by george[flytampa] » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:26 pm

Is this in fsx or fs9? I remember fixing it once before release but something got reverted in the patch.

I'll be home again in 24hrs & will fix it; easy job.
Thomson

Post by Thomson » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:35 pm

george[flytampa] wrote:Is this in fsx or fs9? I remember fixing it once before release but something got reverted in the patch.

I'll be home again in 24hrs & will fix it; easy job.
Sorry, I should have mentioned it is the FS9 version that I use.

Thanks very much.
James
Nightflier101BL

Post by Nightflier101BL » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:04 pm

I am using the FS9 version.

Robert
george[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by george[flytampa] » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:33 pm

Thanks guys.

A new FS9 AFCAD is attached that should fix the bouncing.
Attachments
AF2_KBOS.zip
(15.33 KiB) Downloaded 403 times
MidgeyMidget2

Post by MidgeyMidget2 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:22 pm

Thanks George!
LH201

Post by LH201 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:02 pm

Thanks for the fix, George!