Revised AFCAD

USAIRBRO

Revised AFCAD

Post by USAIRBRO » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:06 pm

Hey George is it possible to modify your KBOS AFCAD where at all times
crossing Runways using the "STAR" method. Runways 33L/15R, 27/9, 22L/4R for landing. Runways 22R/4L, 27/9 & 33L/15R for takeoff
This was done on the previous Boston 2 release by Roberto Messina (AVSIM). This would work out so good.
george[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by george[flytampa] » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:16 pm

Mike did a few afcads you can find here...
viewtopic.php?t=3918

I don't currently have any idea how to do crossing runways :)
USAIRBRO

AFCAD(s)

Post by USAIRBRO » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:02 am

George thanks for the quick reply, I tried these other AFCADS that are on your site, their not good. The US Airways terminal is empty other than Spirit Air and etc. Could you just tweak your original Afcad including the updates, where planes would only take off on Rwy 4L, and Landing only on 4R and Rwy 9.
Mike...

Post by Mike... » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:41 pm

Not good? I beg to differ. Make sure your AI fleet is properly radiused and coded.

FYI, US Airways uses AWE now and no longer USA. For a while I used both codes in my Afcads, but not anymore, just AWE and AWEX now. That should already make a considerable difference...

:wink:
USAIRBRO

Revised AFCAD

Post by USAIRBRO » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:56 pm

Mike , I used poor vocabulary to describe my opinion about your AFCAD. I apologize and it was not my intent to offend you or anyone. But would you considered using George's orginal AFCAD including the updates and just make the AI land on Rwy's 4r and 9, and take off on 4l always. Yours didnt have any planes @ the B Terminal and had Us Air parking in the general avaition section as opposed to the B Terminal. Would you consider it ?
MidgeyMidget2

Re: Revised AFCAD

Post by MidgeyMidget2 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:57 am

USAIRBRO wrote:Yours didnt have any planes @ the B Terminal and had Us Air parking in the general avaition section as opposed to the B Terminal.
As he already stated, his AFCAD is already properly coded for this. Now it is your job to check your AI as that is most likely the problem. If your US Airways AI is coded 'USA' for its parking code then it isn't going to park at Terminal B as that is correctly coded 'AWE' and 'AWEX' due to the US Airways/America West merger.
Mike...

Post by Mike... » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:39 am

just make the AI land on Rwy's 4r and 9, and take off on 4l always.
That could be done, but what about the other way around, when the reciprocal runways ends are in use due to different weather? You can't force that behavior under all circumstances due to limitations of the sim.

The main Afcad included in my package does what you want. And has aircraft taking off from 22R and landing on 22L and 27.