Which is the correct or latest afcad??

USAIRBRO

NEW AFCAD

Post by USAIRBRO » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:10 am

Ok Midget Mikey did the AFCAD Work. Big Mack can I get a copy please.
clow82@verizon.net
MidgeyMidget2

Re: NEW AFCAD

Post by MidgeyMidget2 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:03 pm

USAIRBRO wrote:Ok Midget Mikey did the AFCAD Work. Big Mack can I get a copy please.
clow82@verizon.net
Is it really that hard to just look at my username and type it? Alternatively, you can call me Alex.

And I tested it out but didn't really see much difference so I am playing with it some more.
george[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by george[flytampa] » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:19 am

Could you send it to me & I'll make it a sticky for everyone.
MidgeyMidget2

Post by MidgeyMidget2 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:49 pm

george[flytampa] wrote:Could you send it to me & I'll make it a sticky for everyone.
Me?

Still playing around. But if I come up with something that actually seems to work, then sure. Right now though, I don't have crossing runways...more just forced departures on runway 9 and landings on 4R and 4L.

I'm assuming this really isn't possible but is there a way to make 4L so that only props are allowed to take off from it? (As this is the real-world procedures as I understand them...and what I noticed from a few weeks ago when I was spotting at KBOS from the Terminal B garage).
george[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by george[flytampa] » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:35 pm

MidgeyMidget2 wrote:
george[flytampa] wrote:Could you send it to me & I'll make it a sticky for everyone.
Me?

Still playing around. But if I come up with something that actually seems to work, then sure. Right now though, I don't have crossing runways...more just forced departures on runway 9 and landings on 4R and 4L.

I'm assuming this really isn't possible but is there a way to make 4L so that only props are allowed to take off from it? (As this is the real-world procedures as I understand them...and what I noticed from a few weeks ago when I was spotting at KBOS from the Terminal B garage).
Anyone that creates one & doesn't mind sharing. There's a lot of demand for it. Can you guys add attachments to posts?
TJC

Post by TJC » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:37 pm

MidgeyMidget2 wrote:
george[flytampa] wrote:Could you send it to I'm assuming this really isn't possible but is there a way to make 4L so that only props are allowed to take off from it? (As this is the real-world procedures as I understand them...and what I noticed from a few weeks ago when I was spotting at KBOS from the Terminal B garage).
Sure it's possible, but the runway will need to be shortened so much that it won't work for landings of anything other than props too.

If that's what you want, then open the runway in ADE and edit the length down from it's current length.
How much to shorten it is a matter of constant testing to be sure it is porps and only props that use it.

I can't give you a figure as I've never tried it at BOS, but I have done elsewhere and it seems to work for me.

If you do figure it out, as George says, please attach it if possible.
RKE

Post by RKE » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:29 pm

IIRC, with FS9, once you go below 6500' of runway length, only AI planes below a certain empty_weight (as set in aircraft.cfg) will use the particular runway for takeoff.
MidgeyMidget2

Post by MidgeyMidget2 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:33 pm

Thanks guys...I figured that would be the way to go. I'm still going to play with it some more and if I come up with anything good I will plan on posting it here.
MidgeyMidget2

Post by MidgeyMidget2 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:38 pm

Alright, well...

I've got nothing. I realized changing the length of 4L will also restrict departures on 22R, which is not real world procedures.

After searching around, I was only able to find part of a STAR runway config. tutorial so I have no idea how to make crossing runways actually work. I read something where you have to change the outer marker but I didn't want to completely screw things up and I'm sure there is more to it than changing the OM.
_Dre_

Post by _Dre_ » Mon May 10, 2010 10:54 am

Still waiting for a Xwind afcad. Anyone have a working one by any chance?
TJC

Post by TJC » Mon May 10, 2010 1:31 pm

Here are the figures I've got in the AFCAD installed for KBOS. Not sure what file I'm using, but these work ok for me.

ID Heading Length Meters Width Meters Surface XWind
15R/33L 135.2 3073.3 45.7 Asphalt FALSE
15L/33R 135.2 779.4 30.5 Asphalt FALSE
14/32 124.9 1524 70 Asphalt FALSE
Sep-27 76.6 2133.6 45.7 Asphalt FALSE
07R/25L 74.9 3.1 3.1 Concrete TRUE
07L/25R 67 3.1 3.1 Concrete TRUE
06R/24L 59.1 3.1 3.1 Concrete TRUE
06C/24C 51.2 3.1 3.1 Concrete TRUE
06L/24R 43.3 3.1 3.1 Concrete TRUE
05R/23L 35.4 3.1 3.1 Concrete TRUE
05L/23R 27.5 3.1 3.1 Concrete TRUE
04R/22L 19.6 3049.5 100 Asphalt FALSE
04L/22R 19.6 2396 45.7 Asphalt FALSE

Make a backup of your original file, then open the AFCAD in ADE and insert these numbers in the Runways tab to get crosswind runways working.

As mentioned, I have no idea where I got this file from so please don't ask me to upload it here. As it's not my work, I won't do it.
If Martin or George want it, then please email me and I will send it to them only.
Up to them then to upload it if they wish.

As part of AIG Ground, I do intend to do this Airport soon, no idea how long it will take as I currently have other files ahead of this in the works which are ahead on the list.
_Dre_

Post by _Dre_ » Mon May 10, 2010 2:13 pm

Thanks Tom C. I will give this a try later on tonight and post results probably by tomorrow.

I know this might be pushing it but you wouldn't happen to have a x-wind file for Vienna V2 as well would you?
TJC

Post by TJC » Mon May 10, 2010 3:11 pm

_Dre_ wrote:Thanks Tom C. I will give this a try later on tonight and post results probably by tomorrow.

I know this might be pushing it but you wouldn't happen to have a x-wind file for Vienna V2 as well would you?
That's a file currently in the workshop, no promise date for it I'm afraid as there is a lot of work involved compared to the original version.
Had to start from scratch completely as upgrading the old AFCAD was going to take as long as starting new, and most likely wouldn't be as good.

I need to sort the runways this week, if I can I will post them here.