XP version a FSX conversion?!

Rolt83

XP version a FSX conversion?!

Post by Rolt83 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:12 pm

I would like some clarification on this. Is the X-Plane version of Athens a port of your FSX version as was mention on facebook? Many of the building textures are low resolution (non 4K) and very blurry the closer you zoom in to them. I expected a lot more for $28 scenery.
Stev1

Re: XP version a FSX conversion?!

Post by Stev1 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:27 pm

I concur with this, the terminal buildings especially are noticeably low res as you pull up to the gate, frankly not the wow factor you expect from Flytampa and definitely not a $28 piece of software. Please Flytampa patch this up to your own high standards!
george[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by george[flytampa] » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:20 pm

The XP version is a conversion of the 10 year old FSX version. Its been polished up a lot but the terminal texture are my least favourite feature.

A new version with Ultra hi-res terminal textures is in production for P3D. It wasn't ready in time for Xplane to benefit.
I may be able to drop them into Xplane in the future.
Attachments
Termianl_Texture.jpg
Termianl_Texture.jpg (401.38 KiB) Viewed 563 times
davidal

Post by davidal » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:32 am

george[flytampa] wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:20 pm
The XP version is a conversion of the 10 year old FSX version. Its been polished up a lot but the terminal texture are my least favourite feature.

A new version with Ultra hi-res terminal textures is in production for P3D. It wasn't ready in time for Xplane to benefit.
I may be able to drop them into Xplane in the future.
That would be perfect!

I am a bit disappointed with terminal textures as they are right now, too. If you compare Athens with Corfu there is a notable difference in quality.

Thanks,

Daniel