[FS9] Ground textures disappearing in top-down view

Er!k

[FS9] Ground textures disappearing in top-down view

Post by Er!k » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:52 pm

Another small issue, when you use the top-down view and zoom in too far, the ground textures disappear. For me this is very annoying, since I use this option a lot when parking in (LOL)...

Er!k

Re: [FS9] Ground textures disappearing in top-down view

Post by Er!k » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:19 pm

Also checked Vienna, but that one is ok...
TJC

Post by TJC » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:32 pm

Buffalo is the same, but I work around it while updating my AFCAD/ADE files so no big issue to me.
I'm guessing it's something to do with porting the scenery from FSX to FS9 as another major scenery developer has the same thing going on, and they develop FSX first and port to FS9 if it's easy enough for them, no names but you can all guess who.

I'm wondering why the spot view doesn't do the same for parking for you though, I'd think it's an easier option for parking.
Er!k

Post by Er!k » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:27 pm

I hope it can be fixed... Aerosoft had the same issue with Barcelona, but they fixed it.
george[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by george[flytampa] » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:06 pm

I think this is because of some code we use on the large area airport objects to prevent them from excluding autogen,
This top down view error is a Microsoft bug. Can't fix it it to my knowledge without causes more serious problems like autogen exclusion or even airport objects disappearing. It can be fixed another way but its lots of work for a viewport rarely used.
FSX isn't affected.