Why V1.3 has such a framerate impact compared to former version with HiTextures ?

Saldo

Why V1.3 has such a framerate impact compared to former version with HiTextures ?

Post by Saldo » Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:47 am

Hello team,

On my pc (7940@4.7 / 32Gb 3600 / 3090 / 2Tb M2 ) the update has a performance impact of almost 23% more than the old version with HiTextures .

The maximum Texture size I have found in V1.3 is 2048 and the HiTextureset also uses 2048z

I have to set grass to Low now where before I could set it to High. And In P3D I now have to disable Sim Objects cast shadows to get some framerates back.

Any reason why the update is much more taxing on the system ?

Regards, Gerard
emilios[flytampa]
Site Admin

Re: Why V1.3 has such a framerate impact compared to former version with HiTextures ?

Post by emilios[flytampa] » Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:14 pm

Thanks Gerard, not sure about performance differences. There have been no 'additions' which would harm frame rate, except dynamic lighting to be honest. The rest of the updates included optimisations of current features. In this update however, a bit more vehicle traffic was activated by default. It could be worth checking whether removing some of the animation helps with performance. It is still a 4-year old product, which means it should actually work pretty well with the current P3D version. Will do another check just in case I spot anything.
baires

Re: Why V1.3 has such a framerate impact compared to former version with HiTextures ?

Post by baires » Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:54 am

Hi!!

Indeed, Vehicle Traffic in P3D is a FPS killer. I recall having to lower the quantity of Vehicle Traffic, in order to achieve an increase in FPS.

Therefore, if more vehicle traffic has been added to the default settings, mostly that's the reason for the FPS impact.

BTW: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5279 ... benchmark/

Warm regards!

Rafael