add-on.xml confusion

5a_49_4f_4e

add-on.xml confusion

Post by 5a_49_4f_4e » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:36 pm

Hello everybody,
I reinstalled my whole P3D simulator to use the add-on.xml method in the future for all my scenerys and aircrafts if possible. But I'm really in confusion right now because I can't get it to work.
I have 1 C:\ drive where my Simulator is installed, under: C:\PREPAR3D\Prepar3D v4
my addons are in: C:\PREPAR3D\P3D_AddOns - for example C:\PREPAR3D\P3D_AddOns\FlyTampa\LasVegas
in my C:\Users\*User*\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\FlyTampa-Las Vegas directory is a add-on.xml file with following content (copied from install. directory and customized):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
<AddOn.Name>FlyTampa-Las Vegas</AddOn.Name>
<AddOn.Description>Las Vegas McCarran Intl Airport for Prepar3D 4
</AddOn.Description>
<AddOn.Component>
<Category>Scripts</Category>
<Path>C:\PREPAR3D\P3D_AddOns\FlyTampa\LasVegas\scripts</Path>
</AddOn.Component>
<AddOn.Component>
<Category>Effects</Category>
<Path>C:\PREPAR3D\P3D_AddOns\FlyTampa\LasVegas\effects</Path>
</AddOn.Component>
<AddOn.Component>
<Category>Scenery</Category>
<Path>C:\PREPAR3D\P3D_AddOns\FlyTampa\LasVegas\scenery</Path>
<Name>FlyTampa-Las Vegas</Name>
</AddOn.Component>
<AddOn.Component>
<Category>Texture</Category>
<Path>C:\PREPAR3D\P3D_AddOns\FlyTampa\LasVegas\texture</Path>
<Type>WORLD</Type>
</AddOn.Component>
<AddOn.Component>
<Category>Texture</Category>
<Path>C:\PREPAR3D\P3D_AddOns\FlyTampa\LasVegas\texture</Path>

When I start my sim and look into the "Scenery" or "Add-Ons" page I can see no entry of LasVegas only the Libraries folder under: C:\PREPAR3D\P3D_AddOns\FlyTampa\Libraries

Maybe someone can explain me how this works, I tried many things already and how do I know if I need a <Type></Type> section or something like that for the addons without .xml-template in the installation directory (for example Amsterdam or Dubai-Rebooted)?

I'm looking forward to get this done. Thanks a lot! :)

============================================

I found a different way with Lorby-SI's Addon Organizer, which does the Add-On management for me. :)
YTAdamJ

Re: add-on.xml confusion

Post by YTAdamJ » Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:56 am

the add on will need to be added to the add on index cfg in program data/Lockheed Martin/P3Dv4 as well before it will show up in the add on list... I thought this was an automated process but I find some do not