KLAS - terminals disappear

avallillo

KLAS - terminals disappear

Post by avallillo » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:35 pm

I have two installations of XPlane on my computer - the second of which is to deal with new updates and betas (apparently a common practice in XP). I have Las Vegas installed in both. Yesterday I noticed that, after I had cobbled up a few ortho4xp tiles that included the Las Vegas area, the second installation of XP now is missing the entire terminal building complex, and I am getting a message when I load XPlane to the effect that FlyTampa Las Vegas may not work correctly, an assessment which is, unfortunately, all too true. I cannot tell if the terminals are the only things missing, since the basic Las Vegas scenery in XP11 is very comprehensive as regards the strip, but a good sized chunk of what would otherwise be my ortho scenery appears to be subsumed beneath a block of native XP scenery in the Vegas area.

I'd appreciate any assistance here. LAS does still work in the first installation, so all is not lost. I reinstalled it into the second install this morning, but to no avail.

I cannot attach the log.txt file since your system keeps telling me that .txt is an invalid file type. Not sure how that can be, since text files have been with us since DOS, but as Tony Soprano is fond of saying: Whaddya gonna do?!
rymuldoon28

Re: KLAS - terminals disappear

Post by rymuldoon28 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:25 pm

same problem
avallillo

Post by avallillo » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:57 pm

Does no one from FlyTampa check in on these forums? I'd like to get this issue settled.
emilios[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by emilios[flytampa] » Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:19 pm

Have you got SAM installed on both XPlane installations?
rymuldoon28

Post by rymuldoon28 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:24 pm

I believe it has something to do with sam after the new xplane update.
rymuldoon28

Post by rymuldoon28 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:44 pm

found the solution

download the sam manager, and make sure you update everything. even the static aircraft. and if you bought sam world jetway, redownload it and replace it with the new files
avallillo

Post by avallillo » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:09 pm

No SAm. Did not know you needed anything else for this to run.
Also, this forum won't let me post my original reply to this thread - something about links or spam. No spam, I assure you!
avallillo

Post by avallillo » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:10 pm

No, I do not have SAM installed. I do not recall anything that indicated that this needed to be there. In addition to having no airport buildings (but seemingly all of the city buildings) the Forkboy ortho for Nevada is being interfered with in the area of Vegas, and there is no photo scenery in the entire valley, just the XP basic environment.

I'm just getting started with this ortho4xp stuff, and am finding it stultifyingly difficult to get to run, what with all of the individual manipulations of files that must be manually done. To say nothing of the incredibly long processing times. But on the whole, considering the price, I would have to say that I got my money's worth! And it does look great.

I see talk in other forum articles about some kind of patch and/or tool, but I have no idea what is being discussed, nor do I have the prerequisite programs to run the tool, and I am reluctant to dabble in that lest I destroy my entire installation! Can anyone point to a VERY basic, step by step video tutorial on YouTube that describes the entire process of getting this scenery to play nice with orthophoto scenery?