AI Landing In Water in Newest Release

cmpbllsjc

AI Landing In Water in Newest Release

Post by cmpbllsjc » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:12 am

First off, I would like to thank everyone at FlyTampa for putting the new package together for FSX. This was the only scenery I really missed having from FS9. Thanks again for not only redoing it for FSX SP2, but also for adding the other two islands. I am so happy with FSX now.

Now here is my only problem. The AI when approaching rwy 9 land way short in the water, taxi thru Maho beach, excuse me if I spelled Maho wrong, then after they get onto the runway they taxi to the gate. In the FS9 version they would actually land on the rwy then taxi on the taxi ways. Is there something I did wrong when I installed it. Everything else appears to work correctly, just landing AI in the water is messed up. Thanks in advance for the help.

Regards,

Edit: One other problem. There seems to be no communication between the AI aircraft and the tower. Didn't check to see if I can communicate or not, but when the AI land in the water they call the tower to report clear of the runway, but the tower never responds with taxi instructions. Perhaps all the water landings and communications have something to do with the AFCAD? I don't have an AFCAD editor for FSX, so I can't check.

Sean
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:08 am

Please see if this file cures it. Copy to /FSX/Addon Scenery/FlyTampa-Maarten/scenery/ overwriting the existing one.
Attachments
AFX_TNCM.bgl
(11.02 KiB) Downloaded 1208 times
cmpbllsjc

Post by cmpbllsjc » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 am

Thanks Martin for the quick reply and great service. I never expected to get a reply and a fix at this hour in the evening. That seemed to do the trick. No more water landings and silent communications. Guess you should sticky the AFCAD for the others that will need it. You guys make such great scenery, I really wish you weren't quitting new projects, but I understand and thank you for everything you have given us. Flight sim wouldn't be the same without your work.

Regards,

Sean
kennyboy

TNCM / RWY 27

Post by kennyboy » Sun May 25, 2008 1:51 pm

Thks for yr help, I will give it a try after the Indy 500.

Rgds,