Wrong AFCAD

ChristianM

Wrong AFCAD

Post by ChristianM » Mon May 10, 2010 8:30 am

Hi there,

how about a new afcad, that reflects the situation like it is now ? There aren t any planes at the skylink terminal, because it isn t opened yet. Can u pls do an afcad, with planes at the gates of the old terminals, but not at the gates of the new terminal ?

Greetings

Christian
_Dre_

Post by _Dre_ » Mon May 10, 2010 10:45 am

Just make a backup of your current afcad (with active Skylink gates). Then use ADE to remove the gates from the Skylink terminal.

Now whenever you want to use the (active) Skylink terminal in the future just put back the original afcad that you backed up.
ChristianM

Post by ChristianM » Tue May 11, 2010 12:53 pm

Thank you for your reply. I know ADE and also the problems using this program sometimes.

But I m a customer of an payware airport. So I assumed, that I can expect support for this product. If the product would be freeware, then ADE would be a solution.

So it would be very nice, to have an second afcad from the developer, without gates at the skylink to reproduce the situation nowerdays in Vienna. Thank you very much.

Greetings

Christian
TJC

Post by TJC » Tue May 11, 2010 4:18 pm

ChristianM wrote: But I m a customer of an payware airport. So I assumed, that I can expect support for this product. If the product would be freeware, then ADE would be a solution.
Do you say the same to FSDT, Aerosoft and any other Payware companies that release scenery products?

I believe all of the above produce a very decent AFCAD/ADE file for their airports for the user, however many of them don't cater for the AI heavy user.

That's why many people and groups spend so much time upgrading AFCAD's specially for AI and UI users.
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Tue May 11, 2010 6:44 pm

Not sure I understand your request. You want the Skylink to appear empty by removing those parking positions?

In reality aircraft are using those positions, they just appear to not be using the jetways.

http://www.wildbergair.com/photos/airpo ... 7_LOWW.htm
ChristianM

Post by ChristianM » Thu May 13, 2010 8:21 am

Martin, you are right !

I got now the info also from another forum, that the stands are opened, but they don t dock at the gates. So your scenery is as real as it gets and no other afcad is required.

Thank you for the great scenery, the look and performance is great !

Greetings

Christian
ChristianM

Post by ChristianM » Thu May 13, 2010 8:29 am

TJC wrote:
ChristianM wrote: But I m a customer of an payware airport. So I assumed, that I can expect support for this product. If the product would be freeware, then ADE would be a solution.
Do you say the same to FSDT, Aerosoft and any other Payware companies that release scenery products?

I believe all of the above produce a very decent AFCAD/ADE file for their airports for the user, however many of them don't cater for the AI heavy user.

That's why many people and groups spend so much time upgrading AFCAD's specially for AI and UI users.
It is great that users spending time in making such afcads. But a customer of an payware-airport can expect an up to date situation of the airport. Martin has now make clear that the new terminal is used, so no action is required.

And sure, also other companies became replys about their scenerys if something would be wrong. Why not ? Many scenerys has become upgrades after my information. This time I had have wrong information and Martin has corrected me.

Greetings

Christian