ORBX Compatibility - Vector Roadways

Sabretooth78

ORBX Compatibility - Vector Roadways

Post by Sabretooth78 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:00 am

ORBX Vector roadways are missing around the edges of the photoscenery. I understand this is due to the "crossing selection" nature of how the excludes work; in other words a given roadway will have a gap from the photoscenery edge up until the next vector segment which is entirely outside the exclude. This generally may not be a big deal but it bothers me somewhat.

At first I figured I could import the ORBX roadway CVX into SBX Builder and just truncate those segments at the exclude boundary but that seems to be a tedious task causing more trouble than its worth. I then noticed that by disabling "z_terrain_xclude_roadwaters.bgl" I was able to get those roads to reappear and surprisingly, they did not appear on top of or in any other way in conflict with the photoscenery. I obviously realize that file serves a purpose, you didn't just include it for no reason, but would I experience any problems by leaving it disabled?

Attached is a picture of the I-215/I-515/NV 582 area to the southeast of KLAS, near Henderson, for an example of the missing Vector segments.
Attachments
KLAS_002.jpg
KLAS_002.jpg (345.07 KiB) Viewed 701 times
emilios[flytampa]
Site Admin

Re: ORBX Compatibility - Vector Roadways

Post by emilios[flytampa] » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:28 am

Sabretooth78 wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:00 am
ORBX Vector roadways are missing around the edges of the photoscenery. I understand this is due to the "crossing selection" nature of how the excludes work; in other words a given roadway will have a gap from the photoscenery edge up until the next vector segment which is entirely outside the exclude. This generally may not be a big deal but it bothers me somewhat.

At first I figured I could import the ORBX roadway CVX into SBX Builder and just truncate those segments at the exclude boundary but that seems to be a tedious task causing more trouble than its worth. I then noticed that by disabling "z_terrain_xclude_roadwaters.bgl" I was able to get those roads to reappear and surprisingly, they did not appear on top of or in any other way in conflict with the photoscenery. I obviously realize that file serves a purpose, you didn't just include it for no reason, but would I experience any problems by leaving it disabled?

Attached is a picture of the I-215/I-515/NV 582 area to the southeast of KLAS, near Henderson, for an example of the missing Vector segments.
Removing that might give you back water polygons as well as road vectors, meaning you might see water holes poking into the ground.

I have separated those two now, so i attach a file which only contains water polygon exclusions in it. So go ahead and de-activate the combined file, z_terrain_xclude_roadwaters.bgl, but also grab the file below and drop it in the same folder.
z_terrain_xclude_waters.zip
(580 Bytes) Downloaded 89 times
Tere is also a possibility that putting back the roads might create some minor mesh conflicts. Sorry LasVegas mesh is a real 'mess' in P3D