FTX users

Medx421
Posts: 7

Re: FTX users

Post by Medx421 » Sun May 05, 2019 8:27 pm

331BK wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 8:18 am
--------- Update:

issiue solved, it seems for some reason the ADE_FTX_SCA_KLAS_elevation_adjusment.bgl in the \Scenery\World\Scenery folder has been reneabled. After i set it to .off again everything looks fine :)
You'll have to do that everytime you run FTX Central. Kind of a pain. I have four files I have to go in and readjust every time.
Sabretooth78
Posts: 14

Re: FTX users

Post by Sabretooth78 » Thu May 09, 2019 9:55 am

Medx421 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 8:27 pm
331BK wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 8:18 am
--------- Update:

issiue solved, it seems for some reason the ADE_FTX_SCA_KLAS_elevation_adjusment.bgl in the \Scenery\World\Scenery folder has been reneabled. After i set it to .off again everything looks fine :)
You'll have to do that everytime you run FTX Central. Kind of a pain. I have four files I have to go in and readjust every time.
Just musing here (away from my sim PC), but what would happen if you created some empty files, renamed them appropriately (i.e. ADE_FTX_SCA_KLAS_elevation_adjustment.bgl, etc.) and copied them into your World Scenery folder - after of course backing up the originals. It would seem to me that unless you ran a "verify" in FTX Central it would leave them alone. This is assuming P3D doesn't choke on an empty BGL - in which case you could add some arbitrary object that is then excluded somewhere higher in the scenery library.

FTX Central causes similar issues blowing out the autogen default.xml file which messes up FT Grenadines and Richer Grenada. Hopefully both of those are updated to true P3D4 compatibility some day to eliminate at least that one issue...
DJJose
Posts: 40

Re: FTX users

Post by DJJose » Wed May 29, 2019 6:44 am

If you are using FTX Southern Cal & have FTX LC US, I advise that you disable it when flying in Southern Cal. It gave me a few fps.
Nixon
Posts: 13

Re: FTX users

Post by Nixon » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:21 am

I am having the elevation problems with Las Vegas. I have run the FlyTampa elevation correction tool, to no effect.

I am unable to find the C:\ProgramFiles\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3Dv4\Scenery\World\scenery path.

I have posted on the Prepar3D forum about being unable to find any path that mentions Lockheed Martin and therefore find your BGL files etc. I have used the following path C:\Prepar3d\Scenery\World\scenery\ successfully and whilst there are BGL files present, there are none for your airport.

I have the V1.1 installed as it's a new computer and I only downloaded KLAS last week. I opened in Win10 my Control Panel, uninstall programs and can find no mention of this airport there.

I would be grateful for any advice that can help me use this scenery properly.

Regards
Nixon Thomas
martyjr
Posts: 28

Re: FTX users

Post by martyjr » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:07 am

Nixon wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:21 am
I am having the elevation problems with Las Vegas. I have run the FlyTampa elevation correction tool, to no effect.

I am unable to find the C:\ProgramFiles\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3Dv4\Scenery\World\scenery path.

I have posted on the Prepar3D forum about being unable to find any path that mentions Lockheed Martin and therefore find your BGL files etc. I have used the following path C:\Prepar3d\Scenery\World\scenery\ successfully and whilst there are BGL files present, there are none for your airport.

I have the V1.1 installed as it's a new computer and I only downloaded KLAS last week. I opened in Win10 my Control Panel, uninstall programs and can find no mention of this airport there.

I would be grateful for any advice that can help me use this scenery properly.

Regards
Nixon Thomas
For your setup have you checked the correct path as it is on my setup?:
C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Scenery\World\scenery

If your set up is :
C:\Prepar3d\Scenery\World\scenery\

What is the BGL file name you are looking for?
Nixon
Posts: 13

Re: FTX users

Post by Nixon » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:34 am

I am looking for any files that can help me overcome the elevation problem associated with also having FTX installed. As I said in my original post I have the updated version 1.1 installed which I understand should have fixed this issue.
martyjr
Posts: 28

Re: FTX users

Post by martyjr » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:36 am

Nixon wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:34 am
I am looking for any files that can help me overcome the elevation problem associated with also having FTX installed. As I said in my original post I have the updated version 1.1 installed which I understand should have fixed this issue.
No, not just any files.

What is the BGL file name you say is missing from your setup?

You may have to look back a few posts in this topic to get the file name in question.
Nixon
Posts: 13

Re: FTX users

Post by Nixon » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:41 am

I appreciate you trying to help but if you read my original post which you quoted in your first reply you will find that I have tried the path that you have and also tried the path that you suggest. In fact there are no FlyTampa files in the C:\Prepar3D\Scenery\World\scenery. I also have Boston rebooted installed and there are no files there for that add-on. My concern is to fix the elevation problem and if to do that I need to find certain files I just need to know where to find them.
martyjr
Posts: 28

Re: FTX users

Post by martyjr » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:43 am

Nixon wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:41 am
I appreciate you trying to help but if you read my original post which you quoted in your first reply you will find that I have tried the path that you have and also tried the path that you suggest. In fact there are no FlyTampa files in the C:\Prepar3D\Scenery\World\scenery. I also have Boston rebooted installed and there are no files there for that add-on. My concern is to fix the elevation problem and if to do that I need to find certain files I just need to know where to find them.
Give me the name of the BGL file and I will check my setup ?

Edit:
I have asked you the same question on the P3D forum. No answer there yet either.
http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 43#p201043

I have to verify you know the exact name of the file (not the path).
Nixon
Posts: 13

Re: FTX users

Post by Nixon » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:57 am

If you look at the first post on this thread you will find one of the BGL files I have looked for. In fact as I have already said I can't find any of the files mentioned in this thread.
martyjr
Posts: 28

Re: FTX users

Post by martyjr » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:02 am

Nixon wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:57 am
If you look at the first post on this thread you will find one of the BGL files I have looked for. In fact as I have already said I can't find any of the files mentioned in this thread.
Do several screenshots to show all the files in your world scenery folder .
Nixon
Posts: 13

Re: FTX users

Post by Nixon » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:31 am

I will not be in front of my flight sim computer for another 5 to 6 hours. I know that there are no Flight Tampa files in that folder as everything in there predates when I installed these two FlyTampa airports and they are the only FlyTampa airports that have been installed on my new computer.
martyjr
Posts: 28

Re: FTX users

Post by martyjr » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:39 am

Nixon wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:31 am
I will not be in front of my flight sim computer for another 5 to 6 hours. I know that there are no Flight Tampa files in that folder as everything in there predates when I installed these two FlyTampa airports and they are the only FlyTampa airports that have been installed on my new computer.
Ok,
That explains why no direct answers in the forums.

I want to see what is currently in your world scenery folder .... and I am not looking for a date.
The screenshots will help to see what is going on with your setup.
Nixon
Posts: 13

Re: FTX users

Post by Nixon » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:19 pm

Hi

Here is the screenshot you requested.

Regards
Nixon
Attachments
Screenshot 2019-07-15 18.31.00.png
Screenshot 2019-07-15 18.31.00.png (122.59 KiB) Viewed 651 times
Post Reply