Problem with dubai airport

Stefan-hp

Problem with dubai airport

Post by Stefan-hp » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:58 am

Hello,
I have a problem with the add-on dubai. For example: When I fly from Germany/Frankfurt to Dubai and I am landing now in Dubai, the graphics are flickering wildly. But if I start from Dubai to somewhere the graphics of the ground are not flickering.

I installed it two times. One time with the option "paved edgelights" and one time without the option "paved edgelights". But whatever I do, it does not repair the bug.

Perhaps it is interesting to know, that I use the add-on for Flight Simulator 2004.

I love this add-on. Conesquently, I hope that someone can help me.
Delta777

Post by Delta777 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:08 am

Do you use Mega Airport Frankfurt??

If yes, do you have installed SP1 for it?
Stefan-hp

Post by Stefan-hp » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:11 am

Yes I have Mega Airport Frankfurt. But what is SP1? And why is the airport Frankfurt guilty for graphic problems by the airport of dubai? Sorry for so much questions :).

Edit: Oh ... do you mean Service pack 1 for windows? If yes, I have no idea if I installed it, it is too long ago, that I installed Frankfurt.

Edit2: I looked in my system. I have service pack 2 installed.
Delta777

Post by Delta777 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:25 am

No I don't mean the service pack for Windows.

There is an update (SP1) for Mega Airport Frankfurt available on the Aerosoft site!

I can't explain what MAF has to do with the texture problem at the other airports, but it was a well know bug before SP1.
GuyH

Post by GuyH » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:14 pm

Hello,

I have the same problem.
I just purchased Dubai from simmarket and installed it.
When I start at Dubai the scenery is flickering like crazy.

Do you know what the cause is and how to solve it?

Thank very much!

Guy
GuyH

Post by GuyH » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:43 pm

Well as from now it seems to be solved.
I noticed I had a duplicate scenery in my libary and since I deleted it the flickering is gone....strange how that could be effected.

Well I am a happy man now a starting tomorrow a flight from Amsterdam to Dubai with Air Force One ;):D

Regards, Guy
Mage

Post by Mage » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:47 am

Just remember to drop off the President over the Mediterranean. :)
nick

Post by nick » Sun May 04, 2008 11:52 am

I have the same thing, I arrived from a long flight from KSFO to OMDB
and when I landed the scenery was flickering all the time :(
But I have really now clue on how to fix this...:(

can anyone help me out a bit more?
Thanks
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Mon May 05, 2008 4:47 pm

Did you check if the issues mentioned in this thread apply to your installation?

If the scenery flickers only after coming from a long flight, but doesn't behave that way then you load it or come flying in from a nearby airport, I have no idea how to fix it. The best in this case is to test if there are any kinds of patterns, such as: does it only happen if you fly to dubai from departure point A over a certain route... does it also happen you you come from a departure point on the opposite side of the globe. Does the Aircraft you use make a difference etc.
ashepherd316

Post by ashepherd316 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:08 pm

could someone please put a link to download service pack 1 for mega airport frankfurt please thanks i am getting the flickering aswell.