ai traffic problem

smasma

ai traffic problem

Post by smasma » Sat May 17, 2008 12:20 pm

Hi,

I was flying around the St. Maarten area and in TNCM there is a problem with the AI traffic. As soon as a plane turns around and another is waiting, the one waiting automatically gets takeoff clearance. I took a few screensohts so you can better understand my problem.

in this screenshot the American Eagle just touched down and the Liat is just there not moving.

Image[/img]

In this one the American Eagle just turned around and is taxiing while Avianca was was just cleared for takeoff,

The Aviance plane is turning onto hte runway with takeoff clearence while the American Eagle is taxiing back on the runway and the Liat plane is still there not moving.

The Avianca plane is starting its takeoff role and the Liat plane disapeared.
Keep in mind the American Eagle plane is still taxiing back.

Is there any way this could be fixed? Thanks
paavo

Post by paavo » Sat May 17, 2008 12:26 pm

The first screenshot looks like you have multiple afcads, if you are using add on AI like mytraffic you need to delete or disable it's afcad.
smasma

Post by smasma » Sat May 17, 2008 12:46 pm

in the my traffic scenery folder there are no afcad for tncm, therefore there is probably on one afcad, the AFX Tncm in the St. Maarten Folder. Should I reinstall the package again?
tbmavengerstuka

Post by tbmavengerstuka » Sat May 17, 2008 5:55 pm

Isn't there a program that scans for multple afcads. like scanfd or something like that? Cuz your 1st shot really does indicate multiple afcads. I think u should be sure.
smasma

Post by smasma » Sat May 17, 2008 8:24 pm

I found what you were talking about, its called ScanAFD but its only for afcad files. The utility is only for FS9. I don't know where else I would have multiple afcads. There are no afcads from Mytraffic fpr TNCM and I did not download any TNCM add-ons from Avsim so I don't know where there is a multiple afcad.
paavo

Post by paavo » Sat May 17, 2008 8:58 pm

Stupid question time............
You found where all the mytraffic afcads are and there was no TNCM, or you didn't find all the mytraffic afcads ?
Sorry, but I don't have mytraffic installed so I can't check. I know for FS9 mytraffic did add a TNCM afcad, seems odd that it wouldn't add one for FSX, but anything is possible. Have you checked the mytraffic forums ?
smasma

Post by smasma » Sat May 17, 2008 9:05 pm

The Mytraffic afcads are in the Mytraffic/Scenery folder. In that folder there are multiple afcads with the name BR2_with the ICAO ID here. In there was a TNCM afcad there would be a file called BR2_TNCM, which there is not, so I don't know where there would be a multipule afcad. I did not think that this problem had to do with MyTraffic.

Thanks
paavo

Post by paavo » Sat May 17, 2008 10:02 pm

smasma wrote:The Mytraffic afcads are in the Mytraffic/Scenery folder. In that folder there are multiple afcads with the name BR2_with the ICAO ID here. In there was a TNCM afcad there would be a file called BR2_TNCM, which there is not, so I don't know where there would be a multipule afcad. I did not think that this problem had to do with MyTraffic.

Thanks
I'm out of ideas, maybe check the mytraffic forum and see if anybody else had the same problem. The thing is that first shot is classic multiple afcads, sorry I can't help you further.
smasma

Post by smasma » Sun May 18, 2008 11:37 am

I think it has to do with the TNCM afcad. I have a screen shot:

The Avianca plane was cleared to land first and then it turned around and half way through the turnaround it stopped and waited for the AAL 757 to land. The 757 turned around fully and started to taxi off the runway, normally. As soon as the AAL plane turned around the Avianca plane continued the turnaround and taxied off the runway. Is this from multiple afcads or is it something else. I don't think I have multiple afcads but I'm going to check on the Mytraffic forum to see if there are from it. Thanks.

martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Sun May 18, 2008 2:22 pm

Please check if this Afcad fixes it:

viewtopic.php?t=3023

It reinserts a missing link that got deleted in the original Afcad somehow. Not sure if that will solve it, let me know.
smasma

Post by smasma » Wed May 21, 2008 3:37 pm

I downloaded the new afcad file and put it in the Flytampa-Maarten/Scenery folder and the same thing happened. I was using a Lvl-d 767 when I landed. I turned in the first turnaround and the plane that was waiting to have takeoff clearance got the clearance when I was still taxiing on the runway to the gate. Any other suggestions?

Thanks.
smasma

Post by smasma » Sat May 24, 2008 6:22 pm

Can someone help me solve the problem?

Thanks
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Sat May 24, 2008 8:18 pm

I am out of ideas. I checked our Afcad file again and it has all the hold short nodes touching the runway. The problem you describe would usually be caused by a hold short node not being set correctly which can mess up ATC to the point that ACs enter the runway while its still in use etc.

A more drastic way of finding a solution would be to deactivate Fly-Maarten in the scenery database temporarily and see how your AI behave in the default TNCM. There is a possibility the the Afcad turn at the end of 27 is messing things up. In our Addon the turn is wider, partially out of the actual runway surface. But then again, your AI turns way before reaching that turn and you have the issue already.
paavo

Post by paavo » Sat May 24, 2008 8:24 pm

What date and time of day do those planes show up ?
l reinstalled mytraffic so I'll check to see what happens for me.