Board index » Legacy & Discontinued Products » FlyTampa-Seattle

Seattle is at the very top of the list as I've just installed it. I only get dust off the wheels on the taxiways and the runways are just fine. In fact when I turn off of the runway it looks as though it drops off of a little slope onto the taxiways. Like it's "dropping off" of the runway. From there on it bounces and the dust flies from the tires.

The scenery is really beautifully done, and I want to commend you on not only bringing wonderful detail to the the whole package, but doing it so that the performance is also exceptional. If I could figure out why the taxiways behave the way they do, It would rank up there with the finest in my collection.

Thanks again.
 george[flytampa] (Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:18 pm)

Site Admin | Posts: 3155 | Location: Southampton, UK
try installing the patch if you haven't already:
http://www.flytampa.com/downloads.html

Do you have any other terrain packs installed?

Well, I just purchased it today and the download had this name: "FlyTampa_Seattle11.exe", would the 11 mean that that patch is included, or should I install it anyway? I have Megascenery PNW, but I also disabled all those entries, and mesh from FSGenesis. Would disabling PNW cause this problem as I have not tried it with it enabled...
 george[flytampa] (Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:05 am)

ok, no need to get the patch as you already have it.

Disable all your terrain addons & see if you can isolate which one is upsetting the terrain.

Ok, in my testing I turned my max_vertex_level down from 21 to 19, with no difference. Then, just to see, I re-enabled all of my Megascenery PNW entries, as I've had them disable since I installed Seattle, and for reasons unknown to me it seems to work now. Taxied all over the place with no problems (including the grass areas for some reason). I have not changed the terrain setting back to 21 yet, but that's my next step. Not sure why PNW is having this effect when disabled.

EDIT: I now have my max_vertex_level set back to 21 and have enabled my UT entries and all is still working. No idea why disabling the PNW entries causes this problem, but turning them back on seems to fix it. Thanks so much for your prompt replies on this issue. Your support in times when there are problems to be fixed is a testament to the quality of your company as a whole. This, combine with a quality product, is why I own all of your sceneries. Thanks again.

Do these pactches apply to just UT or the orig USA Roads as well?

Well thanks to you guys for suggesting moving the UT USA addon down below the photos. . That didnt fix it initially, but moving the FGLC and UTCITY down with it did fix it. I unchecked everything else as suggested, changed the vertex level, but nothing - until the sandwich patch got moved. Good thread _ many thanks - its bugged me since I rebuilt the sim and added all my Christmas gifts!

Regards,

pj

:D :D :D

Oh yeah - Fly Tampa rules!!

I am getting bumpy terain with Default Scenery on runway 34R and on the taxi way by the alaska hanger I do not have a addon mesh but do have FCsene 4x for Fs9 and fsx I have added the 1.1 update is ther any thing I can do to fix this.

I rememebr installing Megascenery PNW after installing KSEA but because of the framerates, I uninstalled Megascenery PNW and ever since then there's been bumpy taxiway-ness/ dirt from wheels.

Please help, I believe I have all the updates installed, even the new 34C patch and would I have to install PNW for me to not have the bumpy takiways/dirt from wheels?

Thanks
 george[flytampa] (Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:13 am)

Jdub wrote:I rememebr installing Megascenery PNW after installing KSEA but because of the framerates, I uninstalled Megascenery PNW and ever since then there's been bumpy taxiway-ness/ dirt from wheels.

Please help, I believe I have all the updates installed, even the new 34C patch and would I have to install PNW for me to not have the bumpy takiways/dirt from wheels?

Thanks

Try moving the microsoft Aerial Photo just below Fly Seattle in the scenery library & above any other terrain packages you might have installed.

Usually when I can see dust coming off the wheels it is because something is overriding the smooth surface properties provided by this default photoscenery.