Atlanta Hartsfield International, KATL

kmanning

Atlanta Hartsfield International, KATL

Post by kmanning » Tue May 19, 2020 10:49 pm

I've noticed there's a yellow button, or circle, representing the Atlanta Hartsfield International on the homepage, and has been there for almost 2 years and is still not available. We've been left in the dark, with no update nor a statist report on this airport, and we've been waiting for it's release for a long time. I don't understand why anyone would make an announcement a year or 2 prior to its release and having everyone waiting in the dark with no update nor statist. It would be much better to wait a month, or 2, prior to release to make an announcement.

Ken.
PatrickZz

Re: Atlanta Hartsfield International, KATL

Post by PatrickZz » Thu May 21, 2020 8:08 am

I do understand the reason for these early announcements and as a matter I'm glad that they do.

That way they let people know they're working on it. Not just customers, but other developers as well. Suppose what would happen if another developer was thinking "nobody is doing Atlanta, I'm starting it". If they would have known FlyTampa was developing it, they might have made a different decision. But if they don't know, they can't take it into consideration either. Of course if they still want to develop Atlanta that's up to them, but they can't say they weren't aware of FlyTampa doing it.

High quality development capacity is scarce and we don't want things done double. We don't want two developers doing the same airport while another one is being left out. That benefits nobody. Not the developers and not the customers either. Therefor I'm always glad if developers announce their developments early, even if they got nothing to show yet.

Of course if it's 2 years into development I expect there is something to be shown and certainly could appreciate some previews, but that's not the most important. I'm sure it'll be released when it's finished, no matter when that will be.
pauly123

Post by pauly123 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:09 pm

Well at some point you give up. I mean a little preview would be nice
micstatic

Post by micstatic » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:27 am

yes. A preview would be lovely. I'm assuming they have been working behind the scenes on one for MSFS. Now will it be for P3D/Xplane also?
germanflaps

Post by germanflaps » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:22 pm

I have been waiting so long for this airport, basically since the day it was announced (in 2017, if memory serves). The lack of any progress update or even preview doesn't lead me to believe it is still under active development. Not every project comes to fruition (FlightBeam cancelled their plans for FRA, for example), which is okay. I just wish there was some communication about the state of development.
B777ER

Post by B777ER » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:43 am

I agree. Really disappointed on this project timeline and communication.
UnitedBill

Post by UnitedBill » Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:44 am

Imaginesim has a very nice KATL. However I am sure FlyTampa's version will be better..
kmanning

Post by kmanning » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:12 pm

UnitedBill wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:44 am
Imaginesim has a very nice KATL. However I am sure FlyTampa's version will be better..
Yes, but it's way too demanding. I don't like the fact that when you turn on all active gates, it just really slows everything down to a crawl, and I want all the gates to be active. I've had every other airport with lots of gates and they never bogged down a computer as bad as the one from Imaginesim. That's why I won't buy it. They designed it only for those with powerful computers. You can get better performance, only by turning, or switching the AFCAD to those that only use less than half the gates, but you will not be able to recall them. The fact remains that FlyTampa can give us some progress on the airport. There's no reason for us to wait 3 years without some report on it.
Last edited by kmanning on Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pauly123

Post by pauly123 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:37 pm

When you get it in your brain that these people couldn’t care less about you, their reputation or when their airport is released, then you can move on and hope you won’t need addon airports when MS 2020 comes out.
CX 747-400

Post by CX 747-400 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:59 am

Come on guys, let be nice! If FlyTampa had any updates to show, they would have shown them.

FlyTampa does great work, and has been busy working on update for P3Dv5, and X-Plane.

I am willing to bet that they have slowed down a little on KATL and are waiting to see what MSFS has to offer. I am not sure that I have any faith in Microsoft to offer any form of quality support for MSFS after all the issues I have had with Windows, MS Office, and Outlook. Lets not forget about MS Flight.
kmanning

Post by kmanning » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:55 pm

pauly123 wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:37 pm
When you get it in your brain that these people couldn’t care less about you, their reputation or when their airport is released, then you can move on and hope you won’t need addon airports when MS 2020 comes out.
I did not say that these people did not care, and I am not putting anyone down. That is not the point I'm driving at. It's the fact that this new airport button has been on the homepage for about 2, or maybe 3 years, and there have been no updates. No, I don't need to move on and I'm not so sure if I'll be buying the MS Flight sim 2020.