Grenadines

ShawnG

Grenadines

Post by ShawnG » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:14 pm

I know there's no patch currently for this scenery for v4, but was wondering If I could dare to hope that it might be updated for v4 at some point? Or, has this wonderful island scenery been relegated to the dusty archives of flight sims past? hoping fervently for the former.
ywg256

Re: Grenadines

Post by ywg256 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:12 pm

have you tried to manually add into the scenery library from your v3 installation? Plenty of sceneries work for the most part that way and could maybe tide you over until something gets released.
ShawnG

Post by ShawnG » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:38 pm

Have you? I have a ton of old sceneries I use in v4 that haven't been updated yet and they work great. But Fly Tampa went out of their way in the v4 update thread to say that it just wouldn't work. Grenadines is different from all their other sceneries in that they use custom autogen descriptions that need to be merged into the base scenery file, and since I use a lot of other sceneries that also have custom autogen, I don't want to risk butchering my autogen descriptions if the developer has already told me that it won't work. I suppose if somebody confirms that they have it working correctly, I am game to do the work...

If it isn't in the plans to update this scenery, I will live, but it is fantastic scenery and I would like to know what the plans are, one way or another.
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:21 pm

Grenadines is low on the list of things I'm updating right now. I tested it a bit already, but from what I saw, even with the entries correctly added to the autogen files, it still wouldn't load vegetation or something. V4 also has a new system of adding autogen using external files rather then messing with the main one, but after testing that a bit it seems to not work as expected. Because of this i put Grenadines even lower on the priority to wait and see if an update to P3D improves the external autogen file functionality.
ShawnG

Post by ShawnG » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:08 pm

... So you're saying there's a chance! lol

Thanks for the update, Martin. I think there's also 2 autogen files now because of the speed trees. I was reading a little bit over at fsdeveloper about it. Hopefully someday it'll be all fixed up.