Product re-install and good support

shakopee2222

Product re-install and good support

Post by shakopee2222 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:40 pm

After a system re-build, a Windows re-installation, and a P3Dv4 re-installation, I was ready to tackle everything else that needed to be set up. My previous FlyTampa P3D sceneries were no longer available from BMT and, frankly, I had given up trying to figure out how to set up my other FlyTampa products that did not have a proper P3Dv4 installer. Yesterday I sent an email to Martin about all of this and today I received emails with fresh BMT links to all of my seven sceneries; some that were supported by the universal installer, some that were not. The universal installer worked great and the 'stand alone' products, I'm very glad to say, worked well too. A few extra steps with those, but no big deal. In fact for each of the non-universal installer products there was a dialogue box saying I would have to install the sceneries in the scenery library myself but, when I ran Prepar3d, there they were. I checked them all out and all are fine (hello again EHAM!) I've complained about the FlyTampa approach to their legacy products but this process was perfectly acceptable, no patching etc, so I wanted to post this. Also I am very impressed with how responsive Martin was, great support. Now I feel very good about buying KBOS :-)
Steve Dwyer