Installation problem

geoff727

Installation problem

Post by geoff727 » Mon May 01, 2006 3:01 pm

I downloaded Seattle twice from the BMTMicro website. When running the .exe, the install program displays an error message when trying to install the FL915150 bgl modification, which I "skip" and then install manually into the correct scenery/Namw/scenery folder. Here's the real problem....the destination folder for the install is Program Files/Microsoft Games/Flight Simulator 9/Addon Scenery. Very standard. However, the installer won't deposit any files into the folder. It runs fine (with the exception of the error message), and seems to be copying files. But when I look in the Addon Scenery folder in Flight Sim, nothing has been added, and nothing has been added to the scenery.cfg file either. And, obviously, the scenery doesn't show up in the Scenery Library of Flight Sim when trying to "Add New Area".

I've tried installing about 4 times now, and no luck. Anti-virus and Anti-Spyware programs are running, but I've had no problems trying to install other scenery packages (MegaScenery, Ultimate Terrain, GroundEnvironment, and many other airports).
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Tue May 02, 2006 10:50 am

Odd, what happens when you install it into c:\test or so? No files either?
geoff727

Post by geoff727 » Tue May 02, 2006 2:11 pm

Problem solved! It was just my old eyes, that's all. I've installed so many things into FS9 that sometimes I work with blazing speed. So in the install path, I saw Program Files.............Addon Scenery, knowing that there are no other "Addon Secnery" folders anywhere on the machine except FS9, so I'm figuring that FlyTampa is going to the correct place.

Actually, it was creating a FS2004/Addon Scenery directory, when on my machine it's actually supposed to be Flight Simulator 9/Addon Scenery. Well, working so quickly, my eyes just glazed over the "FS2004" part.

Silly me.

Anyway, the scenery looks great! Working in airfield ops out there, I can see a few things that aren't quite accurate. But, I can say this, things change so fast out there that to keep up with all the changes would be unrealistic, if not impossible. You'd be releasing patches every week. I think the scenery looks great the way it is. I look forward to future realeses.
MichaelJK8

Re: Installation problem

Post by MichaelJK8 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:08 am

I'm not sure regardless of whether It has already been posted in here,but will be there almost any possible method to make your current gates move in order to your aircraft including JetArmada via Simflyers sceneries?