Crash to Desktop only during daytime.

FRFwil

Crash to Desktop only during daytime.

Post by FRFwil » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:18 pm

I'm stumped. I know there are some great minds here that can help me out..

I just transferred FS9 to a new system from XP to Windows 7. Everything else is fine, but for some reason, FlyTampa's Seattle, in the daytime only, crashes FS9 during the "loading scenery" process with an error signature of "stackHash_cbc8", so I know it is not a module error such as a bad texture. If I de-activate FT KSEA, it loads fine. Also if I load FT KSEA at night, not dawn or dusk, it loads fine. FT KSEA worked flawlessly on my old XP system for 8 years on two XP systems.

I have checked for multiple afcads, re-installed FT KSEA from scratch twice, disabled the UAC, and enabled the Seattle aerial photo, but every time I try, it gets to about 48% loading scenery and then crashes.. I really do not think there is a problem with the download itself, but that is the only variable. I even tried de-activating all other addon scenery, and I still get the crash during loading.

any thoughts?
george[flytampa]
Site Admin

Re: Crash to Desktop only during daytime.

Post by george[flytampa] » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:37 pm

Did you re-install it using the installer or just copy the files?
Try using the installer if you still have it.
FRFwil

Re: Crash to Desktop only during daytime.

Post by FRFwil » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:50 pm

I GOT IT FIXED!!!!

Turns out that there were some files for the 3rd runway update that had to be deleted from the FT Seattle scenery before it would work. I went back and re-installed the 3rd runway update and found this out from the readme.