black blocks across runways

muskrat

black blocks across runways

Post by muskrat » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:49 am

i have just converted to FSX STEAM and have installed FLY TAMPA VIENNA X. The scenery is fine but there are large black squares across the end of each runway. Is there some way to delete them please?

thanks
Donald
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Re: black blocks across runways

Post by martin[flytampa] » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:56 am

You are probably using an older Vienna Installer. You need remove that Vienna Installation and install Vienna using the universal Installer from our downloads page.
muskrat

Post by muskrat » Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:49 pm

Thanks for your response Martin. Unfortunately that updated installer is for Prepar 3D which I do not have.
To help...my Vienna scenery is version 2.00 for FX and Fs 2004...quite old as you can see.
I am trying to install it into FSX-STEAM.
There are huge black screens on the approach and departure of every runway.
Is there a file that I can delete that will solve the problem?

Thank you
Donald
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:21 pm

Best is to delete our Vienna first, remove the Scenery Library entry, then delete the folder, either FSX/FlyTampa/Vienna/ or if older /FSX/Addon Scenery/FlyTampa-Vienna.

Load LOWW and make sure its back to stock and those other objects on the runways are gone as well. Afterwards reinstall Vienna using the Installer you have. Don't copy the files/folder from a previous installation, you must use the Installer. If you no longer have it send us an email to redownload
muskrat

Post by muskrat » Sat May 09, 2020 1:34 pm

Martin
Can you please email me the installer you have mentioned.
Thank you
Donald
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Sat May 09, 2020 3:49 pm

Email us requesting a new installer for LOWW FSX with the name/email you ordered it with originally