Autogen issues.

stretch1365

Autogen issues.

Post by stretch1365 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:27 am

Hi all,
I purchased the Grenadines scenery today v1.2 from the FlyTampa store, but appear to be experiencing the autogen scenery issues experienced by others with this scenery.

The airports are great but I am not seeing any autogen. After installation I found the default autogen file to be empty 0bytes, as also reported by twright in the forum. I used to backup autogen file and added the extra code from the "Manual Default.XML Autogen" post on the forum here but still to no avail, I am not seeing any autogen.

Am I missing something else? Yes Grenadines does show in the scenery cfg editor along with my other FlyTampa sceneries. Oh I did also run the Fly-Grenadines_FSX_AutogenEditor.EXE but still nothing.

Any help would be welcome.
David Phillips.
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Re: Autogen issues.

Post by martin[flytampa] » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:32 pm

Are you running FSX or Prepar3D? Also, do you see these files:
/autogen/autogendescriptions.spb
and a backup of it from before Grenadines install? The backup should be smaller file-size.
stretch1365

Post by stretch1365 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:31 am

Hi Martin,

Sorry I forgot to tell you which sim.
I am running FSX Acceleration.

I checked for those file names you asked about. I see in FSX/Autogen/AutogenDescriptions.spb 1012kb and also the other one FSX/Autogen/AutogenDescriptions.spb(before_FlyTampa_Grenadines) 1005kb.

Should the AutogenDesriptions file show a blank rectangle on the left end of the file name?
I also see the fsx/Autogen/default.xml.............and the same backup before Grenadines files too.

I have many of your sceneries and am not sure why this one should be more troublesome than the others. Maybe it was one of the first with custom Autogen. I am seeing the airport building fine but no autogen still.

Anyway thanks for your continuing help.

Regards
David.
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:41 am

Sounds like the AutogenDescriptions.spb is ok.
Not sure what you mean by " file show a blank rectangle on the left"... it should just be labaled AutogenDescriptions.spb

The issue must be with the default.xml. If you can please email me your default xml to any of these emails so I can have a look: http://www.flytampa.org/contact.html
stretch1365

Post by stretch1365 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:56 am

I've sent you an email Martin. Thanks