Boston V3 / FSX Preview

_Dre_

Post by _Dre_ » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:52 pm

Looking forward to this one like everyone else. I'm excited to hear about the FS9 version personally as I'm one of those yet to make the switch to FSX. I'm also looking forward to the unannounced project mentioned earlier, as Flytampa never dissapoints.

So keep up the excellent work guys. You keep making them and I'll keep buying them.
mdog1993

Post by mdog1993 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:08 pm

Amazing scenery you have going! I can't wait to buy this one.

I have one question about the other. Do you personally think the unannounced scenery will be announced by time Boston is released? Also, do you think Boston will be out by 2010? I hope I'm not out of line by asking that.
george[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by george[flytampa] » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:24 am

Sorry i've not been able to answer your questions the last few days. I'm in the middle of moving home & I'll be without internet for a further 2 weeks, I only have an Iphone for internet until my ISP installs something better.
I'm hoping to complete Boston V3 around the end of October. The other scenery i cant really comment on but it is at beta stage.
WEAJHD

Post by WEAJHD » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:52 am

Thanks for the info, George.

This is exactly what i like about FlyTampa, they don't announce anything until it's released, or very close to release.

Not like some other companies that announce products years before they're completed and making people wait and ask about release dates every day/week.

Anyway. I'm looking forward to the release of Boston :)
MidgeyMidget2

Post by MidgeyMidget2 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:57 pm

Have a smooth and easy move, George!

Thanks for the update and....

BETA???? Already??? AWESOME! :P :D
VetteHead

Post by VetteHead » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:14 pm

B1900Mech wrote:American Gate B32 (AA11) http://www.panoramio.com/photo/3471791 should have a flag pole with an American flag, Along with Uniteds gate 19 (UA175). Thankyou for your great work :D Here is a photo I took when I worked as a Mechanic at KBOS.
My first post.

Hello all.

I grew up so close to Logan that we couldn't even fly kites in my town because the planes were so low over the houses. No kidding. Watching the planes all day made me want to go into aviation. Air Force 8 years avionics mechanics, DAL 20 years Avionics A&P, FCC. Done a lot of flying. Flew hot air balloons.

About this add-on. I will be buying it for sure. It is pretty amazing.

I lived in Boston for 19 years as I grew up there and this scenery is dead on accurate. GREAT job!

Paul
MidgeyMidget2

Post by MidgeyMidget2 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:53 pm

VetteHead wrote:
B1900Mech wrote:American Gate B32 (AA11) http://www.panoramio.com/photo/3471791 should have a flag pole with an American flag, Along with Uniteds gate 19 (UA175). Thankyou for your great work :D Here is a photo I took when I worked as a Mechanic at KBOS.
My first post.

Hello all.

I grew up so close to Logan that we couldn't even fly kites in my town because the planes were so low over the houses. No kidding. Watching the planes all day made me want to go into aviation. Air Force 8 years avionics mechanics, DAL 20 years Avionics A&P, FCC. Done a lot of flying. Flew hot air balloons.

I lived in Boston for 19 years as I grew up there and this scenery is dead on accurate. GREAT job!

Paul
Did you live in Winthrop?
JohnT

Post by JohnT » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:41 pm

My first post.

Hello all.

Paul

I have to agree with Paul here. This is an extremely accurate representation of Logan. Being just a short drive from Logan I go about once a week to do some spotting in East Boston and Winthrop during the summer. Not to mention I fly in and out multiple times a year for school and usually spend some time on top of central parking overlooking everything before my flights.
MidgeyMidget2

Post by MidgeyMidget2 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:46 pm

Where is the best spotting location not on the airport? I need a backup plan in case the State Police (I know they work the airport but do they patrol the garages?) or Massport Security or whatever tells me to leave the Terminal B garage.
VetteHead

Post by VetteHead » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:27 pm

Yes, I used to live in Winthrop. Cool little town. My uncle was the fire chief.

The best place to plane spot is in Winthrop or Eat Boston but Winthrop looks directly at the airport and the planes are literally a hundred feet above your head.

So close that every July 4th some dumb kid gets busted shooting bottle rockets into the intakes of the engines. But since they are high bypass engines they just pass right through the N1 stage.

You'll love spotting there.

Paul
JohnT

Post by JohnT » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:14 pm

MidgeyMidget2 wrote:Where is the best spotting location not on the airport? I need a backup plan in case the State Police (I know they work the airport but do they patrol the garages?) or Massport Security or whatever tells me to leave the Terminal B garage.
Here's a few of my spotting locations at Logan.

Baywater street and beach for 22L/22R
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 4&t=h&z=16

Side landings for 22L at the end of the dead end streets

Coughlin Park for 27

Deer Island for 33L
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 7&t=h&z=15[/b]
MidgeyMidget2

Post by MidgeyMidget2 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:02 am

Awesome...thanks for the tips, guys!

In all my 17 years of life, I've never been to KBOS for spotting, only for traveling. And of course, I only live about 30-45 minutes away (ya' know, shoot down the Pike right in).
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:09 am

I've been out of commission for the past 6 months, having had lots of work on one hand and waiting for win7 and a complete system reinstall on the other, but this just might get me to reinstall FS9 much sooner than I expected. Count me in for the FS9 version. Awesome stuff!
Icelandair757

Post by Icelandair757 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:51 pm

If you require any photos, Im glad to help. I'm on the ramp 7 days a week :)

EDIT: The apparent barrier at Terminal E near the gate E8B is not really there. It is actually parking spaces & entrance/exit to the bagroom.