ZTPA?

ASC_AirLimo

ZTPA?

Post by ASC_AirLimo » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:03 pm

Loading a flight plan into Eaglesoft's Citation X at KTPA and it is stuck on ZTPA not allowing me to input any departure info. What's the fix?
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Re: ZTPA?

Post by martin[flytampa] » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:15 pm

Download and replace the attached ZTPA file in FSX/Addon Scenery/FlyTampa-Tampa/scenery/

Let me know if this makes any difference.
Attachments
ZTPA_ADEX_FLYTAMPA.BGL
(734 Bytes) Downloaded 441 times
ASC_AirLimo

Post by ASC_AirLimo » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:59 am

Yesterday I read in these forums to make that file you sent me to .BAK which made the ZTPA read KTPA but I was missing runways 36R and Left. I just dropped your file in and I am back to not being able to select any of the runways for departure.
ASC_AirLimo

Post by ASC_AirLimo » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:45 pm

Just moved over from Orlando so I'm still stuck with the 36's. Everything is working. Thanks
ryanbatc

Post by ryanbatc » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:06 pm

I tried this new BGL file and no joy... have the same problem ES C750 v2 for FSX:

martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:39 pm

Attached another ZTPA file to try. I have no idea what causes this, so I am just making changes based on guesses. This version has a different reference point for ZTPA, perhaps the shared refpoint between KTPA and ZTPA was confusing the system.

The ZTPA file itself is needed for the taxiway bridge. If you run the installer again and un-checkmark that option, would won't have the ZPTA file, but also no taxiway bridge. It will be better then just deleting the ZTPA file tho, as you won't get sunken trees and road-signs.
Attachments
ZTPA_ADEX_FLYTAMPA.BGL
(726 Bytes) Downloaded 434 times
ASC_AirLimo

Post by ASC_AirLimo » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:50 pm

Installed Windows 7 64 bit and then installed Rebooted again. These two files here are not fixing the problem. With Vista the original file fixed it but this time it is not. Still can not choose my departure runways on the EG Citation X FMC.

Also I am experiencing a lock up issue when departing KTPA. No matter what I lock up 15 to 20 minutes flying away from Tampa. This was happening in Vista and why I upgraded to Windows 7 but am still having the problem. I can depart and fly to any other airport without issues. Any suggestions?

Angelo
ASC_AirLimo

Post by ASC_AirLimo » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:54 pm

Any help here?
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:17 pm

I have no idea at this point other then to run the installer and "uncheck" the 3d bridge feature.
We ran some tests with the default GPSs & PMDG FMC and this ZTPA entry either does not appear at all or it appears second under the KTPA entry. Why it would appear as the only item on the EG display I have no idea.
ASC_AirLimo

Post by ASC_AirLimo » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Alright, I will post this over in EG's forums as well to see if they can help.

As of now I can fly the Citation X from any other airport to any other airport without any lock-ups.

I can fly a default airplane from KTPA Rebooted to any other airport without any lock-ups.

I can not fly the Citation X from KTPA Rebooted without locking up.

Ang
ASC_AirLimo

Post by ASC_AirLimo » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:06 pm

Reinstalled without the 3d bridge and am still getting the ZTPA errors.
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:02 am

When installed without the bridge the ZTPA file should be gone. Check that it isn't there any longer:

Addon Scenery/FlyTampa-Tampa/scenery/ZTPA_ADEX_FLYTAMPA.BGL
ASC_AirLimo

Post by ASC_AirLimo » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:20 pm

That file was there so I deleted it. Rebooted and still can not enter a runway for departure at Tampa. If your scenery wasn't so awesome I would just give up but I moved my personal VA to KTPA because it is so awesome so I'm hanging in there. :)

I have not been able to ask in Eaglesofts forums as I am waiting for approval.
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:29 am

You deleted the ZPTA Bgl file but left the KTPA_ADEX_FLYTAMPA.BGL intact right? If even then you can't get KTPA something is very odd. Maybe temporarily remove KTPA_ADEX_FLYTAMPA.BGL as well and try again. Note this will not solve anything and make the scenery look and behave messy, but it will run without any Afcad file leaving only FSX's stock KTPA. If you can then still not enter KTPA, something is either wrong on your setup or the EG FMC