V2 Missing SODE VDGS

lukehall

V2 Missing SODE VDGS

Post by lukehall » Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:57 pm

Hi,

Fantastic scenery but I'm missing the SODE VDGS systems. I have the latest version of SODE (1.6.7) and have selected SODE VDGS in the configurator. Unfortunately, there is just an empty frame on the walls where the VDGS should be. The Flytampa ones work ok.
Have tested the SODE DLL connection and that's ok.
Attachments
Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v4 13_04_2020 01_36_16.png
Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v4 13_04_2020 01_36_16.png (4.57 MiB) Viewed 739 times
emilios[flytampa]
Site Admin

Re: V2 Missing SODE VDGS

Post by emilios[flytampa] » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:01 pm

Can you check in 'C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml' that you have the following file please

FlyTampa_EKCH_VDGS.xml
trisho0

Post by trisho0 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:25 pm

emilios[flytampa] wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:01 pm
Can you check in 'C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml' that you have the following file please

FlyTampa_EKCH_VDGS.xml
I do have that xml file but no VDGS feature working? I didn't see a sign telling me when to stop the Bird. Screenshot here after activated SODE VGDS from FT Configurator.

Not sure if this is what it should be. If so, I will deactivate VGDS from FT Configurator.
Attachments
2020-4-12_21-44-20-846.jpg
2020-4-12_21-44-20-846.jpg (210.4 KiB) Viewed 730 times
emilios[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by emilios[flytampa] » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:03 pm

For the SODE VDGS to be activated, you need to activate it via the SODE menu (activate gate), similarly to what you would do for a jetway. FlyTampa VDGS work without that extra step.
trisho0

Post by trisho0 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:21 pm

emilios[flytampa] wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:03 pm
For the SODE VDGS to be activated, you need to activate it via the SODE menu (activate gate), similarly to what you would do for a jetway. FlyTampa VDGS work without that extra step.
I didn't know how to use VDGS, thanks. I prefer FT instead so, VGDS becomes off in my system. VDGS should activate automatically when a VDGS.xml is detected. I am not ready yet to activate individualy Gate by Gate by hand.
Urmel81

Post by Urmel81 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:30 am

trisho0 wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:21 pm
emilios[flytampa] wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:03 pm
I didn't know how to use VDGS, thanks. I prefer FT instead so, VGDS becomes off in my system. VDGS should activate automatically when a VDGS.xml is detected. I am not ready yet to activate individualy Gate by Gate by hand.
SODE VDGS needs to be purchased to get it working.
https://secure.simmarket.com/12bpilot-s ... 844).phtml

It's an quite fantastic tool, a lot of new scenerys are coming with this feature now, but first it needs to be purchased. Then it will work.
If you are selecting an GATE with GSX, SODE VDGS is also recognized and you don't need it to activate again.
lukehall

Post by lukehall » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:29 am

So, I have to buy the SODE VDGS package for SODE VDGS to work in this scenery?
The scenery is marketed as featuring SODE VDGS but it doesn't say you have to buy something extra to make it work! I may not have bothered to upgrade if I'd known that.
emilios[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by emilios[flytampa] » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:37 am

The scenery is marketed correctly. It features SODE VDGS. We cannot offer you free service if the author of SODE wants to charge for it. Alternative free VDGS is also included.
lukehall

Post by lukehall » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:40 am

With respect, you might want to mention that an additional purchase needs to be made in that case.
You could say that the scenery also features the PMDG 737NGX by the same standard!
mtbrkhrd

Post by mtbrkhrd » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:47 am

lukehall wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:40 am
With respect, you might want to mention that an additional purchase needs to be made in that case.
You could say that the scenery also features the PMDG 737NGX by the same standard!
I don't see your issue. There is a free alternative provided here!
Most developers don't offer a free VDGS at all, with those you have to use GSX or SODE, both payware, or they leave it out entirely. So FlyTampa is very generous in providing their free VDGS, good luck finding another developer doing that except Aerosoft and SimWings.

Here you have a free version, and next to that you can use SODE VDGS, if you own it, perfectly integrated into the scenery. It's a perfect offer.
lukehall

Post by lukehall » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:51 am

I don't have an issue as such. I didn't understand that in order for SODE VDGS to work, I had to purchase it separately, that's all. I'm sure that those who already own the SODE VDGS package will understand that, but for those of us that don't, it's not at all clear. So, I'm just suggesting that a note in the sales text makes this clear. I don't think that's a big ask in the name of clarity.
trisho0

Post by trisho0 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:47 am

lukehall wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:51 am
I don't have an issue as such. I didn't understand that in order for SODE VDGS to work, I had to purchase it separately, that's all. I'm sure that those who already own the SODE VDGS package will understand that, but for those of us that don't, it's not at all clear. So, I'm just suggesting that a note in the sales text makes this clear. I don't think that's a big ask in the name of clarity.
Many scenery Developers are providing VDGS xml file as an option for you to use it. If you don't have SODE VDGS package then you use the FT. You don't have to purchase SODE VDGS. So, FT Copenhagen is marketed perfectly. You want to use the VDGS provided then you must to have the properly SODE package. FT can't control SODE and VDGS market. VDGS package is from SODE, The VDGS xml file provided by FT is a gift for you.
FrAG_Archer

Post by FrAG_Archer » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:44 am

Greetings!

I also faced an issue with activating VDGS at B15 Gate . I have SODE VDGS purchased and installed. The SODE VDGS option is activated in FlyTampa-Configurator. There is an .xml file located correctly in sode xml folder.
But I cannot call VDGS via SODE menu. I can see the VDGS item in the menu but it just blinking..

Could You please help me to resolve the issue. Or give me a clue - what I do wrong?
Attachments
sode_xml.JPG
sode_xml.JPG (52.13 KiB) Viewed 552 times
sode_VDGS_addon.JPG
sode_VDGS_addon.JPG (24.61 KiB) Viewed 552 times
EKCH_B15_SODE-VGDS_not work_via_SODE-menue_.jpg
EKCH_B15_SODE-VGDS_not work_via_SODE-menue_.jpg (264.77 KiB) Viewed 552 times
emilios[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by emilios[flytampa] » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:01 pm

FrAG_Archer wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:44 am
Greetings!

I also faced an issue with activating VDGS at B15 Gate . I have SODE VDGS purchased and installed. The SODE VDGS option is activated in FlyTampa-Configurator. There is an .xml file located correctly in sode xml folder.
But I cannot call VDGS via SODE menu. I can see the VDGS item in the menu but it just blinking..

Could You please help me to resolve the issue. Or give me a clue - what I do wrong?
True. There was an interesecting beam across it, coming from B17. Since B17 is not used, I have removed it.

To install:

-First set your Docking equipment to 'SODE' from FlyTampa Configurator
-From the .zip, grab the XML file and drop the it into 'C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml' (replace when asked)
FlyTampa_EKCH_VDGS.zip
(5.54 KiB) Downloaded 39 times