Configurator - Double Selection

AussieB747

Configurator - Double Selection

Post by AussieB747 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:06 pm

G'day,

When trying to set up Copenhagen in the configurator, both SODE and CTRL+J options are selected for Jetways and SODE/Tampa are selected for VDGS. If I try to click either, it crashes the application. (Crash log available if requested)

Cheers
Attachments
Screenshot_1619.png
Screenshot_1619.png (92.83 KiB) Viewed 665 times
trisho0

Re: Configurator - Double Selection

Post by trisho0 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:52 pm

Delete only Copenhagen folder from ...\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\FlyTampa and also all EKCH xml files from C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml folder.
Now install Copenhagen and all will be just fine.
Michael Moe

Post by Michael Moe » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:40 am

I am also getting this every time ,

why the need to install it twice ?

also no uninstall.exe in the copenhagen folder btw.

Michael Moe
trisho0

Post by trisho0 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:03 am

That kind issue is typical from not followed the recommendation prior to apply Hotfixes or updates. From the FT Configurator must be selected Reset to default first. Then to apply updates. Also, some users rename some files from some reason as I do and the Configurator problem appears and simply shutdown by itself or giving an Exception error. To resolve it is explained in this thread. It is much faster to restore Copenhagen as explained than to figure why the problem. Explanation: The FT Configurator can't figure automatically when exist 2 same filename, one is active and the other is off. Example: from SODE\XML folder, FlyTampa_EKCH.xml and also you see FlyTampa_EKCH.off it is supposed to be only one file in the folder, meaning as xml or off but not both.
Michael Moe

Post by Michael Moe » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:29 am

Thanks might be me or not missing to delete something when install a new version. I know i missed the script part.
Is it possible to have a build on pc so no need to download every time?
Can I have double installed both v4 and v5 with two configurator for each sim?
They are installed on 2 two drives. Guess i would have to delete SODE again before installing v5 version then.
trisho0

Post by trisho0 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:45 am

Michael Moe wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:29 am
Thanks might be me or not missing to delete something when install a new version. I know i missed the script part.
Is it possible to have a build on pc so no need to download every time?
Can I have double installed both v4 and v5 with two configurator for each sim?
They are installed on 2 two drives. Guess i would have to delete SODE again before installing v5 version then.
Oops! Emilios the so great Developer can guide you about. But, I think you can have both P3D version 4 and 5 on the PC. The installer has the 2 versions for you the ver2.0 for P3Dv4 and ver2.1 for P3Dv5. I don't think you have to deal with SODE and if you have issues you can edit xml files so you don't have double jetways if you see that.
emilios[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by emilios[flytampa] » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:41 pm

Unfortunately SODE folders are common to both installations, so the config tool is unable to differentiate between active/inactive files. We ll try to see if anything can be done for this.

Until then, the following might help if you want to manually edit files.

SODE VDGS (ACTIVE)
C:\programdata\12bPilot\SODE\xml\FlyTampa_EKCH_VDGS.xml
P3D\FlyTampa\Copenhagen\scenery\ekch_vdgs_ft.off

FT VDGS (ACTIVE)
C:\programdata\12bPilot\SODE\xml\FlyTampa_EKCH_VDGS.off
P3D\FlyTampa\Copenhagen\scenery\ekch_vdgs_ft.bgl

Jetways Ctrl+J (ACTIVE)
P3D\FlyTampa\Copenhagen\scenery\ekch_jets_static_X.bgl
P3D\FlyTampa\Copenhagen\scenery\ekch_jet_black.bgl
P3D\FlyTampa\Copenhagen\scenery\ekch_jets_static_SODE.off
C:\programdata\12bPilot\SODE\xml\FlyTampa_EKCH.off

Jetways SODE (ACTIVE)
P3D\FlyTampa\Copenhagen\scenery\ekch_jets_static_X.off
P3D\FlyTampa\Copenhagen\scenery\ekch_jet_black.off
P3D\FlyTampa\Copenhagen\scenery\ekch_jets_static_SODE.bgl
C:\programdata\12bPilot\SODE\xml\FlyTampa_EKCH.xml
trisho0

Post by trisho0 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:03 pm

I guess would be more convenience to FT Configure both P3D v4 and v5 with exactly the same features activated. That's what I would do. I don't have the P3Dv5 but FSX. I edit SODE xml files by inserting nodes like <TargetSim ID="P3Dv4"/> or <TargetSim ID="FSX"/> above every "Placement" line for every Gate. This procedure SODE knows what jetways to use for a specific identified sim.