Flytampa CYYZ P3Dv5

A320Capt

Flytampa CYYZ P3Dv5

Post by A320Capt » Fri May 08, 2020 12:49 pm

Hello George/Martin,

I want to apologize for maybe beating a dead horse here, but even with clear skies, looking off into the distance on 33R, in the (compatible testing of the) AS A330, I cannot get above 15-16fps in Toronto. I have turned the settings to the lowest possible yet functional setting (low-mid settings) all while running a i9-990k 5.0Ghz with a 1080ti. The issue is not out of memory, it's just a performance hog, and I'm looking for some guidance. Loading up Montreal is not nearly as bad, although when looking at the terminal, the frames drop about 5-10% from 30fps when looking away (but that can be discussed in another forum section if need be)

I'm sure it can't be my hardware..can it? Did I do something wrong? I am running the compatibility patch that's found in your forums.

Any pointers, guidance, comments, I am welcome to them. Maybe it's user error. Who knows.

Best regards, hope you're all doing well during these unprecedented times.

Daniel Desjardins
george[flytampa]
Site Admin

Re: Flytampa CYYZ P3Dv5

Post by george[flytampa] » Fri May 15, 2020 12:31 pm

Hey Dan, I saw a big FPS leap at CYYZ in V5.
https://ft:forum@www.flytampa.org/forum ... 6&start=14

Try setting the frame rate to unlimited. Turn off dynamic reflections. Reduce AI etc.
airbadger

Re: Flytampa CYYZ P3Dv5

Post by airbadger » Tue May 19, 2020 8:47 am

I was getting 14 FPS at Toronto last night in V5. Why does this scenery hit so much harder than every other add-on airport I have that uses way more PBR effects?