Re: Corfu floating buildings [XPlane] - FIXED

Post by Hermann » Tue May 08, 2018 7:24 am

Hello,
in the version1 there were 3 folders after the installation:
FlyTampa_Corfu_zMesh
FlyTampa_Corfu_Objects
FlyTampa_Corfu_Airport

V.1.1 is not a folder FlyTampa_Corfu_zMesh
Does this folder still need it or can i delete it?

Another question:
Can I simply copy the update 1.1 over the v1?

Thank you
emilios[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by emilios[flytampa] » Tue May 08, 2018 5:29 pm

The v1.1 update should be a full new install, including the zMesh folder. Just to check, did you make sure you downloaded the .EXE and .DAT files in the same location, prior to executing the .EXE file?
uvflyer

Post by uvflyer » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:43 am

emilios[flytampa] wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:53 pm
After working on it a bit more, it appears less and less possible to get a flat version of Corfu.
If you really must use flat terrain, then a temporary solution is to tick 'runway follows terrain contours' mid-flight and reload scenery (no need to exit XPlane for that).

**update: we now have a solution for Ortho4XP users, check here:
I will explain :

When we 'flatten' an airport, either by WED, or by force-flattening command from XP settings, airport areas become flat. The extent of the flattening is roughly defined/calculated by XP, based on airport location and runway length (perhaps other parameters too). To better define the airport area, WED/XP offer the option to add airport boundaries.

However, unlike FSX/P3D, the XPlane boundary is only useful when we need to extend the airport area further beyond the area that XP pre-defines for us. In other words, a flatten command will flatten everything within a 500m radius around airport runways, ignoring our custom boundaries-we basically have no control over what happens within that airport area once the flatten command is given.

For LGKR, this would not only mean flat runways, but will also mean a flat scenery in a large area surrounding the airport, destroying custom mesh, cliffs, slopes etc..

In larger airfields, surroundings being flat is no problem (they usually are anyway), but a 'flat airport' would mean a 100% flat and boring layout without elevated runways, underground bridges, taxiway bridges crossing highways, and other features we are now able to push in XPlane to make an airport look as it is in reality.

Hello, I just bought this scenery from the x-plane org store and I still am having this issue. Your forum link is no longer online.
I have floating buildings especially around the airport. I don't have otho4xp on that tile. Also the option for following runways does not show up in x-plane 11.30 for me.
emilios[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by emilios[flytampa] » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:18 pm

Please use the link here: https://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopi ... 31&t=12063

The option is still here on the 11.32 i checked (settings->general tab)
fencemanpat

Post by fencemanpat » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:27 am

Purchased X plane scenery from SimMarket - it is version 1.1

I have followed all the instructions in this string to try to fix the floating buildings around the airport.

Problem fixed... I believe it had to do with the scenery.ini order

Time to Fly!!!!