No option for snow at eham

guusongeluk

No option for snow at eham

Post by guusongeluk » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:17 pm

I can not seem to find an option for a snowy eham in the configurator anymore.
is there something new to make the ground textures at eham white?
Thanks in advance!
Hillwoods

Re: No option for snow at eham

Post by Hillwoods » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:56 am

I have the same problem running p3dv5 (Fresh installation). No snow textures option in the configurator or when selecting winter season/months within the simulator. When i fly out of amsterdam i see that the standard landscape textures of p3d show snow with exeption of the Amsterdam area.

Are snow textures available in p3dv5?
guusongeluk

Post by guusongeluk » Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:23 pm

Can we please get some feedback on this?
emilios[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by emilios[flytampa] » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:23 am

In default P3D/FSX, there was never any snow in the Amsterdam area for the winter months. In the initial release of Amsterdam v1, snow was artificially injected in the sim by altering the default seasons. Since the artificial snow creates a lot of problems with other regional add-ons, and based on the local information about Amsterdam snow being very rare, we have now removed this option.
guusongeluk

Post by guusongeluk » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:06 am

That is ashame.. Funny enough I can tell you as a staff member that it is very snowy at the moment haha. Maybe you can reconsider this option in v2.
emilios[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by emilios[flytampa] » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:49 pm

guusongeluk wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:06 am
That is ashame.. Funny enough I can tell you as a staff member that it is very snowy at the moment haha. Maybe you can reconsider this option in v2.
ah..damn. Yes we ll have another look at it for v2, and also check what the surrounding regional add-ons have got. Good that none of that is needed for MSFS :)
A51Rene

Post by A51Rene » Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:31 pm

Hi Emilios,

I was the main force behind the requests to add the manual snow toggle was added to the initial V1 version; it was due to compatibility with the free NL2000 photoscenery.

This scenery contains a 'hard winter' toggle and bypasses the simulator season system. So the only way to have FlyTampa EHAM be compatible with NL2000 during the winter, was to have a manual toggle for winter aerial imagery in the Scenery Configurator.

I was, and still am, greatly appreciative of the fact that you managed to include it in the V1 release; many winters have been spent overflying the beautiful Netherlands during winter (even though these conditions are only there in real-life for a week a year or so, haha).

Right now, EHAM v1.3 is incompatible with NL2000v5, as there is no way to manually toggle snow at EHAM. Please consider re-adding this option in the scenery configurator, as it was there for this specific reason (maybe it is possible to reuse hard winter source files to minimize the effort required?) . Even with TrueEarth NL being available, there are still many users of the (freeware!) NL2000 scenery for the whole country. It would again be highly appreciated for many years to come, thank you!