Poor Performance

VegasPilot

Poor Performance

Post by VegasPilot » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:35 pm

Scenery looks great however I feel as though I'm getting much worse performance when compared to other products like Boston,Dubai, or Montreal. I've tried changing the settings around but I'm not seeing much improvement
emilios[flytampa]
Site Admin

Re: Poor Performance

Post by emilios[flytampa] » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:35 pm

By resetting to defaults from the global tab, you have the best chance to improve FPS if you are getting low frames. Animated billboards and realistic apron animations can also be heavy in lower systems-try lowering animation to dynamic or simple.

Also, dynamic reflections and autogen draw distance can eat a lot of FPS, try reducing these too.
gvert

Post by gvert » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:11 am

I suffer some real strange FPS drops.

First my system: i7 8700K @4.8Ghz, 16GB RAM, MSI GTX1060 6GB

From what I've tested, I am able to get 22-27FPS inside the FSLabs A320, with LOD, Complexity and Density settings on very high and very dense.
However, once I start to turn my camera via ChasePlane, to have a look especially on the terminal, the FPS are breaking down to 8-12FPS.
By stepping down my above mentioned settings to High/Dense, I am able to recover the FPS for a short time, until I am looking either at the terminal or the city again...

EDIT: I am not really sure, but the problem seems to be around the northern end of the airport, between the northern end of Terminal 1 and the 19L runway end.

It seems that this drop happens all out of the sudden, by just looking at something at a wrong angle...That the FPS then stay at around 10-12FPS then, makes it even more strange.

My configurator settings:

bluefly330

Post by bluefly330 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:55 pm

Here too, huge performance impact actually not flyable for me anymore. I got my settings in the configurator at a minimum but still 11-14 fps (even with the default maule/F22) and very sluggish. When flying into vegas the scenery takes almost a minute of lag to load in. Also my P3d settings are rather low.
My system: i7-3770 @3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX960 4GB
Last edited by bluefly330 on Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robains

Post by robains » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:17 pm

For those having poor performance, what version of P3D?

Cheers, Rob.
bluefly330

Post by bluefly330 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:39 pm

Version 4.5 for me although i´m aware of general performance issues in this version, las vegas is currently by far the worst performing scenery in my sim
trisho0

Post by trisho0 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:50 pm

bluefly330 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:39 pm
Version 4.5 for me although i´m aware of general performance issues in this version, las vegas is currently by far the worst performing scenery in my sim
I think you need to adjust P3D settings to find out...
gvert

Post by gvert » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:53 pm

robains wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:17 pm
For those having poor performance, what version of P3D?

Cheers, Rob.
4.4, haven't updated yet. Someone let me know that Chewwy94, the streamer, also seems to get these lags.

Played already with my settings, but even on the lowest possible level these lag occurs. As I wrote, I have generally no problem with the FPS, as I am able to get up to 27FPS in the FSL, but due to that strange lag, it goes down to about 10-12 and somehow stays there, no matter what I've set up in P3D.
Wise87

Post by Wise87 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:43 am

Performance isn't too bad if you turn down a lot of the settings but I would not advise flying the FSLabs in or out of KLAS. This combo is will make your frames drop. None of the other payware planes have a frames issue with Vegas.
gvert

Post by gvert » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:54 am

Wise87 wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:43 am
Performance isn't too bad if you turn down a lot of the settings but I would not advise flying the FSLabs in or out of KLAS. This combo is will make your frames drop. None of the other payware planes have a frames issue with Vegas.
Normal Performance is great for me, even with the FSLabs. 27FPS in the A320 VC aren't too bad ;) but only as long as the lag mentioned above doesn't occour.

PS: I might found a solution for my problems. I installed the lasvegas_photo_05.bgl for better matching with openLC NA. With this one I got the lags.
I now reverted back to the original lasvegas_photo_05.bgl for the default surrounding and it seems that the lag is gone for now.
So the replacement lasvegas_photo_05.bgl seems to be the issue, but I'll continue testing and report if the lag comes back ^^
Wise87

Post by Wise87 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:38 am

gvert wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:54 am
Wise87 wrote:
Normal Performance is great for me, even with the FSLabs. 27FPS in the A320 VC aren't too bad ;) but only as long as the lag mentioned above doesn't occour.

PS: I might found a solution for my problems. I installed the lasvegas_photo_05.bgl for better matching with openLC NA. With this one I got the lags.
I now reverted back to the original lasvegas_photo_05.bgl for the default surrounding and it seems that the lag is gone for now.
So the replacement lasvegas_photo_05.bgl seems to be the issue, but I'll continue testing and report if the lag comes back ^^
Not following. What replacement lasvegas_photo_05.bgl? Do you mean you just turn it on/off by renaming it?
gvert

Post by gvert » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:57 am

Wise87 wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:38 am
gvert wrote:
Wise87 wrote:

Not following. What replacement lasvegas_photo_05.bgl? Do you mean you just turn it on/off by renaming it?
This one here: http://www.flytampa.org/downloads.html

Though I was wrong. It's the other way round. I replaced the original one with the one avbl under the downloads page and had these weird drops and lags. Now reverted back to the original one (which matches with ORBX Global) and the lag seems to be gone.
Wise87

Post by Wise87 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:09 am

gvert wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:57 am
Wise87 wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:38 am
gvert wrote:

This one here: http://www.flytampa.org/downloads.html

Though I was wrong. It's the other way round. I replaced the original one with the one avbl under the downloads page and had these weird drops and lags. Now reverted back to the original one (which matches with ORBX Global) and the lag seems to be gone.
Thanks. I didn't even know they had another file in the download section.
gvert

Post by gvert » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:19 pm

Okay. As promised, I'll report if the lag and bad FPS return. Unfortunately they returned pretty quickly...So the the lasvegas_photo_05.bgl isn't the issue as well...

It's completely unflyable for me unfortunately with this lag down to 12FPS...As mentioned, the problem, faulty texture or whatever it is, seems to be either in the northern part of the airport or outside of it in the city...