P3Dv5 Crashing in Las Vegas

YTAdamJ

P3Dv5 Crashing in Las Vegas

Post by YTAdamJ » Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:51 am

So far Ive been able to use v4 scenery for Las Vegas in v5 because of the xml. I just move the folder to v5 add ons and it works. There is the odd tile here and there that is night time on the ground surrounding, but it works.
This morning I installed my Fly Tampa products into v5 using the new installer, except for Amsterdam as it says to use the old one for that one and now every time I go to Las Vegas, the sim will crash. I have even uninstalled all the fly tampa products and it still crashes in Las Vegas only.....

Anyone else having this?
JimBeamBlack

Re: P3Dv5 Crashing in Las Vegas

Post by JimBeamBlack » Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:23 am

Same here, it was the first one I installed and tested and it worked fine, but after installing all the other ones I have it now crashes only at Las Vegas. It either crashes right on the runway after the flight is loaded or just shortly after takeoff.

I may try uninstalling and reinstalling Vegas today to see if that helps.

If it does I'll let you know.
SolRayz

Re: P3Dv5 Crashing in Las Vegas

Post by SolRayz » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:25 pm

What kind of graphics cards are you using, and how much Vram are you consuming?

With my 8GB 2080, I found setting max texture resolution to 1024 and decrease autogen draw distance to High, and autogen sliders down to reasonable levels. Also atmospherics set to low or medium. Now I can cruise around Vegas with no more than 6500GB Vram utilization and no crashes, even with AI traffic levels set to 100!

It's all about your settings.

Maybe FlyTampa could release a Light texture pack, so we can bump texture resolution back up to 2048 at minimum.